My Oven Is Broken. What Shall I Bring to a Pot Luck?

Hi Moms! I have a huge family reunion tomorrow and everyone is to bring a covered dish. I was planning to bring peach cobbler but my oven is broken! Ugh! I definitely don't want to buy some pre-made grocery store bakery item, because that's lame. And, I don't want to spend too much money (less than $20). What should I do?

My go-to dish for pot lucks is deviled eggs. People see me come in the door with them and I barely make it to the table with the plate before the over is gone and so are the eggs.

I just ate dinner and you ladies are making me drool. I want to go make me second dinner now....Fruit salad..Jello with raspberries..and whip cream. Maybe add some bubble water to give it some pep!

Fruit salad: my recipe is apples (2-3 kinds), grapes and raisins. Mix together with vanilla yogert. (whole fat is best), Children and adults all love it and it is nutritious.

Go get an angel food cake from the grocery store, fresh strawberries, 1 package of strawberry jello, and whipped cream.

Tear up the cake into chunks. Chop up the strawberries into slices and fold into the cake. Mix up jello and pour over top of cake/berry mixture. Put in refrigerator for an hour. After the hour, take out and stir in the whipped cream. Back in the refrigerator until ready to take.

if you can or have one - I believe there is a recipe for Peach Cobbler in a slow cooker.....try something in a slow cooker!!!

YOU CAN DO THIS!! Google slowcooker/crock pot dessert recipes...you will be surprised at what you find!

I have never been anywhere that the deviled eggs weren't the first thing to go :D Oh and meatballs in the crockpot are also sooooo good! I am sure you can get a great recipe online if you decide to go that route. Good luck!

Ambrosia salad-
Canned fruit, canned pineapple, mini marshmallows, cool whip, shredded coconut. Drain the fruit, then mix together and let sit for at least an hour.

(Other items that can be added - maraschino cherries, mandarin oranges, pecans. In stead of cool whip, you can also use sour cream.) If you google this, you will see about 8,000 ways to do it. That tells me that it cannot be messed up!
Have fun!

How about bringing what we call Frito Salad? Everyone loves it. Brown some hamburger, throw in a bag of salad, onions, kidney beans, tomatoes, grated cheese, then toss with some french dressing and fritos. It's easy and always a hit. If you wanted a dessert, maybe no bake cookies?

Boil a couple packages of the tri colored sprial pasta. Rinse in cool water and drain. Pour in a bottle of zesty Italian salad dressing. Add a can of sliced olives. Stir. Nice cold pasta salad. Goes over big everytime I make it. And its cheap. (o:

can it be a dessert? get an angel food cake turn it on its side so it looks like a wheel. slice down so you have rings I always do 3 slices but you can do more or less. on the bottom layer put some whipped cream and a layer of strawberries, second layer we put whipped cream and pinapple, third layer whipped cream and banana slices. you now have a tall cake with layers of angelfood cake and fresh fruit cover with more whipped cream. and put in fridge to firm up a little bit. drizzle with chocolate and some chopped pecans right before serving. it is a really great banana split cake. our family loves it. slice it and be prepared as it might fall apart. so don't try to do super thin slices. so yummy

Crock pot peach cobbler....

Find one you like:
http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&so...

Also added bonus with a crock pot it will stay warm!!!

1 / 3