My Husband Wants a Boy!!!!

I want to know what to do? I am currently 20 weeks pregnant and just found out I am having another girl.Yeah! My husband was excited at the Dr.Office.But once we got in the car he was very quite and looked sad. I am not having anymore kids . I only want two kids so this is it . What should I do? Don't get me wrong he is happy but he really wanted a boy. Have anyine ever been through this . Tell me what should I do?

Ok, After 2 weeks my husband has come to realize its a girl and he is very happy. He has begun to come up with names on his own and is planning sports that him and the girls can play together especially golf and soccer .He realize that they can do all of that.We are getting the room together .Its an exciting time now and he is doing excellent . I did have a talk with him about trying again but he only wants 2 kids and it works for me. I didn't want to be selfish so i took everything in consideration .I want to make him happy ,His parents think we should have 3 kids but we are happy with having 2 .I am happy and he is happy. I would like to Thank everyone for all of your advice .You guys are so WONDERFUL!!!!. Thank you.

Adopt one, unless you just don't want to raise more than 2 kids. Mine wanted a boy, but he soon got over it. He has grown accoustom to a quiet house so when friends bring thier rambucious boys over, he can't wait for them to leave!!!

There is nothing you can do to change his feelings. Just don't worry about it. She will probably end up being his favorite child. He will get over it. V.

I understand what your going through. My husband and I have three girls! I always wanted a boy first and then a girl but you get what god gives you. We were so excited about our first it really didn't matter but with our second we were looking forward to a boy (didn't happen). Well when number three came around and wasn't planned my husband wouldn't even go to the ultrasound because he felt it might become a boy if he wasn't there. Anyway when they said it was a girl I was soooo worried about my husband. I got home and told him and he didn't believe me. He was in a depressed state for about a week. Anyway my point is my girls are all awesome and I love them to pieces but everyday lately my husband has been asking me for a boy. We don't have control over the sex of the baby and I'm afraid if we were to get a girl again he still won't be satisfied. He is a big jock and loves sports and really thinks he could bond with a boy but our girls love everything also! Whatever you chose will be the right decision for you but it is one to think about. Just let him know to be thankful for healthy children! Good luck.

I agree with Yvette. Adopt a boy.

When I found out that my twins were both boys, I cried. I knew this was a one time deal for us, and I'd probably never have my little girl. Literally bawled in the parking lot of my obgyn. Took me a little while to get over it but as my pregnancy went on, I felt so excited about them being boys. It's natural to have some feeling of disappointment and it's also natural if you're disapponted in your spouse's reaction to something. You're both allowed to feel either way. As long as he's not sulking over something you have NO control over, then let him get through it by himself. You could say "I feel sad knowing you are disappointed about not having a boy. I feel excited about the new baby and I want to share my excitement with you. What do you think?" Maybe that would open things up for discussion. I know he'll come around. In my case, I just needed to let go of my dream family picture (boy and girl). My REAL family is way better than the one I imagined in my head! ;-)

Congratulations on your new baby girl to be! S.

We all have things that life presents differently - I don't think you should overract. Maybe you will change your mind and have another (and maybe it will be a girl too :) ).

Either way, just support your husband and his slight dissapointment. When that little girl curls that finger around his, this too, will pass.

J

I understand how your husband feels. My husband and I, although we love our boys VERY much, had hoped to have a girl. Our first was a boy...... Great! Then we had twins - kind of hoped at least one would be a girl, but nope - identical boys! Then we tried one last time. We read many of the books about "gender selection" and tried for a year to get pregnant with a girl. I ended up with an ectopic pregnancy (and I'm convinced it was a girl, by the way, but no way to know for sure). After that loss, and our advancing age (approaching 40), we decided it was just important to have a healthy baby. Surprise - it was a boy! But he has the best disposition of all of them! What a true blessing.

I still secretly (or not so secretly) hope to have a girl one day, but would have to adopt since my one remaining tube was tied at delivery. Meanwhile, I will just be happy with what has been given to me - 4 beautiful, healthy boys! Man, am I outnumbered! At least our newly adopted rescue dog is a girl :0) People frequently tell me that I will probably have all granddaughters! Good luck, and just give your husband some time..... he will come around. We weren't disappointed for very long. It's hard to ever be disappointed, especially after that beautiful baby is in your arms. You really cannot imagine not having them.

My husband already had a boy with his first marriage... so he actually wanted a girl (which is my first baby)... He walked around for months prior to the "finding out" day rubbing my belly talking about daddy's little girl and ooohhh she's going to be laying on my chest everynight sleeping. Our ultrasound was on December 30, 2008. We decided not to open the "envelope" until New Year's Eve at midnight. What a way to bring in the year. I let him open the envelope.. he says..."oh....its a boy" with a very dismal tone. He said nothing more after that. I immediately started crying. And couldnt stop. I mean I know its the guys responsibility to determine the sex... so dont blame yourself but I know how you feel ... almost like you're to blame... he never once rubbed my belly again and acted as if ... big deal, youre pregnant.. he would never admit it was because I was having a boy.. and still wont to this day. Well, once my little man came into the world on MOTHER"S day.. i might add... my husband still was distant sometimes not even coming home... then one day he held him.. then a few days later, he really started to bond with my baby. Now, they are inseparable.. Maybe give him the chance to make the final decision on the name or the colors for the room... Let him really be a part of something. But dont worry, he'll love her too once he has a chance to bond.

Its okay. I promise.

Well, there is really nothing to do but feel blessed. Even if you had a third baby there would not be any guarantee that is was a boy. There are alot of people who have been through this and quite frankly, I just think they get over it and accept God's plan. Just Be Happy is what I suggest.

1 / 3