My Gym

Has anyone taken any classes at My Gym? I am interested in signing up my 3 month old son there and wanted to know if anyone has experienced it there.

My daughter and I really enjoy the My Gym in Skokie. The staff is terrific and it's very clean. Have fun!

MY SON LOVES MYGYM! We have taken classes at Little Gym and Gymboree and MyGym is by far the best. The classes are more fun and interesting (we get bored at Gymboree and the classes are too structured at Little Gym). They change up the environment every week so it's a new place to explore at every class. It is fun and challenging with the right amount of organized versus exploration play. Highly recommend.

I have never taken classes but we did have a birthday party there. My children loved it. I have children ranging from 13-3. The party was 2 years ago when my youngest was 1. They did all kinds of fun stuff with the kids that involved my oldest down to my youngest.

one of my girlfriends went to a free trial class there and said it was really dirty and she's not a germ-phobe type...

i've been taking my now 21 month old daughter to the little gym on lincoln (just north of belmont) since she was 4 months old and they've been AMAZING! love the teachers and the classes. highly recommend it.

I just started classes there with my 2.5 year old daughter and absolutely love it. I don't know if I would have felt the same way when she was so young though. I think for the amount of money you pay, it is better for a bit older kids. Otherwise you are essentially paying for a 'playgroup' which you could find through the park district at a much, much lower cost. Then again, if money is not a concern, then I'd say go for it!

My daughter took classes from when she was 1-2. We also had her second birthday party there. She had a blast at the classes and would most HIGHLY recommend! It's also nice to have an excuse to get out. Plus, since your guy is so young, you might be able to chat with the other moms there too. Also, (if they haven't changed the rules in the last couple years) once you're a member, you can go for the "free play" which is great when they get a little older and you need something to do in the winter!

I also have a child (almost 4 yrs) who goes. We just started this fall and he thinks it's great. Like pp though, I'm not sure if I would have done it so young.

I've taken my daughter there and she LOVES it! She is 2 and has a ball. The staff is excellent (we went to the one in the city) and they always put together great age appropriate activities. I've planned a few open houses there with my business (I own Stroller Strides) where they have had open playtime for my clients- ages 6 weeks - 3 years, so have seen some of the activities they do with younger babies and they are always great too. I like My Gym as it is more focused on health and fitness, but without being over the top. The activites are always a lot of fun and gave me some great ideas to use at home on those rainy afternoons! Hope that helps.

1 / 3