My Face Feels like It's on Fire

lately my face feels like it's on fire it's not hot to the touch it's not sunburned it has been hot and humid outside but finally turned on the ac what could cause it to do that?? I'll be 31 the end of the week mother of two daycare provider so alot of stress yes only on one medication for anxiety panic attacks.

There are a lot of possibilities. You don't mention your age, or whether you're on any medications. Even supplements can cause a "flushing" reaction (niacin is a common culprit). Hormones and meds are the first thought, but it could also be your thyroid, blood pressure, or circulatory abnormalities.

Pre- or peri- menopause can start as early as your 30's, and can cause hot flashes, but usually these only last for short periods of time. If you're feeling this "heat" often or chronically, I think it's worth a call to your Dr. It's probably not serious, but easy to check out.

I'd recommend contacting your physician to see if they can explain it. It sounds like a dermatological issue, but I've learned with my own medical issues that anything can be the way completely other related diseases present themselves.

It could be a late side effect of your medication - sounds more like an allergic reaction (based upon my experiences), but without a medical degree or clinical experience, it's just speculation.

I'd call your doctor ASAP just to be sure it's not something serious like MRSA.

It sounds like an allergic reaction to something.
Call your doc.
YMMV
LBC

It sounds like an allergic reaction to something. Do you have new lotion, makeup, soap or laundry detergent? Think back to what you did today. Did you encounter anything new? I'd take a Benedryl and put cool washcloths on your face. If that doesn't take the swelling and hot feeling down, contact your doctor.

What have your hands been into lately?
I once rubbed my eyes after chopping peppers. I washed my hands, but not well enough (you have to scrub under the nails very well). My eyes hurt so bad I thought I was going to die! After lot's of rinsing with water, I felt better.
Another time I was making sun catchers. I washed my hands, but I wiped down my work table a little later on (there was sottering flux residue on the table). Then I rubbed my face cream onto my face a few hours later. My face swelled up and looked burned. I went to the clinic and it scared them. They gave me a steroid to get the swelling down.
It could be you are reacting to a new hand lotion or some substance on a surface your hands have picked up. You should probably have a doctor take a look at it. Oatmeal is very soothing to irritated skin. Put a damp wash cloth in the fridge for awhile then lay it on your face to cool it off. Keep your face from the sun for awhile until it's cleared up.

My son has had this for awhile, also. He lives in Overland Park, KS. He is also on medication for anxiety. Wonder if there is a connection between your med and your face feeling like it's on fire? He is stumped, too. The dr. told him it is stress-related. Duh!

If it's your whole face, including around your eyes, it could be an allergic reaction or a sensitivity to some chemical that is in your soap, cleanser, your medication, something in your food, or even your water supply. Allergies and sensitivities can develop at any time.

If it's mainly on your cheeks and is accompanied by red patches, you could be developing rosacea. There are also sweating disorders that can cause massive flushing of the face and upper body, prompted by signals in your nervous system. If you can't find anything at home to avoid that makes the problem better, you would do well to see your doc about this.

You could have rosacea, which can be treated with a cream. If your doctor doesn't know what it is, I would see a dermatologist.

1 / 3