My Daughter Is Hurting on Her Left Side! Any Ideals What It Might Be?

My 15 year old daughter is hurting on her left side. It starts around the middle of her ribs and goes down about half way of her stomach on her left side. I have already taken her to three different doctor's and they all don't know what's wrong with her. They have done lots and lots of blood work on her, a CT scan and an ultrasound. We went to an GI(stomach) doctor last Thursday and he said that he thinks that it could be an stomach ulcer, but he didn't run any test and gave her some medicine and it hasn't worked. She has also been running a fever of 103, really weak and feeling like she's going to passout at times. I don't know what to do or where to take her to find out what's going on. I'm going to call the doctor back in the morning and tell him that the medicine isn't working and see what he says but I'd like to hear some of the other mom's input on this. Please help me. She has already missied a week and a half of school. Thanks

Something is definitely the matter!! Call the GI doc back and ask what else can be done. He may want her to stay on the meds long term but there should be something to use in the meanwhile until the meds start to kick in. A fever of 103 consistently is an indicator of an active infection. Make you daughter tell you if there is any blood in her stool too and alert the doctor immediately if there is!! Be persistant with the doctor!!!

L. has she seen a GYN? maybe it could be a girlie problem. When I was her age was when they found a cyst on my ovary. Nothing major just a big discomfort.

Good Luck and I hope you find an answer soon.

L.,

I feel just like all the other Mom's, consistent fever, 103 is high in a girl that age. Definitely get her to the hospital, and don't leave till she is on the way to recovery.

You can work something out with the school, don't worry about that.

Good Luck and God Bless you and your daughter!

almost sounds like appendix...
I would MAKE them check her again

Apendix?
Fibroid Cysts...that causes scaring in her female organs? (causes pain about 2 weeks out of 4)just prior to menstration during and for a few days after ward. I know it can be very painful. Has she seen a female doctor?

Have her checked for a kidney infection. A lot of times when they show up they can hurt in the front. She also wouldn't necessarily still have the symptoms of a UTI. They can really be dangerous especially with a high fever. It can scar her kidneys. I was hospitalized many times for this.

when i was 16 same thing happened to me and even though i had three ultrasounds and no one seen it i had a rather large cyst on my ovary i took meds it went away...then at 24 when i was pregnant for my son same thing i could barely walk the first time they didnt see it i told my doctor what i thought the next time they found it it was the size of on orange how they missed it ill never know i had day surgery for it and it has not returned. tell them if you think it could be this and does it cause some lower back pain and does she have unusual periods or any menstral problems?

I have heard about a lot of girls around her age having cysts on their ovaries. Have you had her checked there? I know this can be extremely painful and it seems to be common. I wish I had more advice.

1 / 3