My Daughter Is Getting Married in 6 Weeks!

My oldest daughter (19) is getting married in about 6 weeks. Her fiance will be joining the coast guard in March and wants to have my daughter go with him! It's been 8 years since I planned a wedding - I need ideas for an inexpensive yet beautiful wedding. They still haven't decided if they'll marry in our church or at court, but we can still use our church's facility for the reception even if they don't marry there. I've lived in NM for three years, so I don't have a lot of connections. HELP!

If you are in Tucson.

My friend got married here for cheap and she said it was beautiful.

Abella Wedding
5225 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85712-4824
###-###-####

Also go to orientaltrading.com for wedding decorations

All I can say is go to the Knot.com I am getting married in July and I have been using all of their ideas.

Hi J., I'm engaged and have been collecting ideas myself. I'm in AZ but my suggestion to you is to google "cheap wedding ideas", "easy wedding recipes" etc. Also, I agree with the mom that said to check out the dollar store. They have many favor ideas at a great price! Congrats and good luck to you!

Hello J.! My oldest daughter got married about 13 yrs ago and gave me 30 days notice! We did a wedding at a small church is our NE Ohio neighborhood for a $30 donation. Reception was at one of "his" relatives house that was big enough. My daughter, Jenny, wanted all of the tradition things, something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, but we had a very tight budget and not much time. A friend of mine that sewed beatifully offered to make her wedding outfit. We bought a simple 1 layer wedding cake from a local bakery. A relative made the bouquets for Jenny and her sister (maid of honor) and the boutineres for groom and best man. At the reception, everyone brought a dish that could. So in the end, Jenny had everything she wanted. We even found the song she wanted to dance the first dance to with her Dad and it was played in the living room that was big enough for about 3 couples to dance at one time. She threw her bouquet off the front porch to the singles girls. Looking back I'm amazed we pulled it off, but if you get people to help and contribute, it saves time and money. I hope it all works out for you. I know it can be stressful, but hang in there!
Can I ask what small business you are the owner of? We have been trying to find something for my husband to do from home. He's visually impaired and doesn't drive anymore. Just wondering... Good luck and blessings to you!

yikes, 6 weeks?? How many people? If you're having a reception with tables there are some easy things for centerpieces...you can buy square mirrors (check Michaels, JoAnns, or even Walmart) and put some candles of all different heights in the center. Then sprinkle rose petals or even whole flower heads (if it's something like Gerber daisies, etc) at the base of those candles...you can also put tea lights on the mirrors or around the mirrors on the table. If you're going to have a bridal party you can use their bouquets as decorations for the cake table and head table. You can check with your local grocery stores and florists to see what they do with their "old" flowers. Sometimes all you have to do is peel off a couple of layers of petals and then they look fine. Costco also has beautiful flowers. If you're going to do a reception with at least cake you can buy a really beautiful cake from AJ's or really any bakery and put it up on a cake riser then put a variety of different desserts on risers of different levels (think pies, cookies, brownies, raspberry bars, lemon bars, etc). That's what we did for our wedding and people raved about it! Our baker just used wood and styrofoam blocks underneath a table cloth to put the desserts at different heights. You can get clear plastic platters at the dollar store and then you just put doilies on them to pretty them up. Those are just a few quick suggestions...if you need more info or have questions about other ideas feel free to message me! Good Luck!!

My friend got remarried and had the wedding at a friends house. It was beautiful. It was in the evening, and it was just light appetisers, wine & cheese ( a great variety of cheeses from Duck & Decanteur, I believe). Also, they had a small wedding cake as well as a chocolate fountain with small pieces of angel food cake, pineapple, strawberries, bananna with toothpicks to go with it. Check into rental places for centerpieces, chairs if needed,etc. We went to a wedding where our favors were little pumpkins (a fall wedding), with our name cards(for table seating) tucked under the little vine. We now put them out with our fall decorations. This time of year, how about little pots with seed packets (think of putting a little note about how love "grows", or something like that). At another wedding we got a favor of heart shaped cookie cutter tied with a little ribbon through a heart shaped hole to a great sugar cookie recipe. And, I really love that great recipe and use it. I tend to remember and enjoy the simple, and practical little favors like those. And, they're not expensive.

My friend went to the dollar store and got candles and ribbons to use for center pieces for her reception. She put a piece of fabric under them, kind of bunched up, a $1 candle holder, a $ candle, and sprinkled some glittery pieces around each table (on the cloth). I think she spent about $130 fixing up 15 tables, and it was very simple and elegant.

As far as food goes, if you have a deep freezer, and you are only doing appetizers rather than a whole meal, start working on them as time allows and stash them away. Buy things that are on sale, and don't forget to look at places like Sams Club.

Good luck and have a wonderful time!!!

How about a beautiful park, with the judge instead of his chambers, it is more private. Have pic's done there and a ____@____.com park is free! All you pay for is the donation to the judge.

If you are in Tucson.

Abella Wedding
5225 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85712-4824
###-###-####

1 / 3