My Chocolate Lab Is Just a Big Teddy Bear!

Hello Everyone,
My husband and I are looking to rent a house or condo down the shore for a week. The beach is not the problem, we can go to Ocean City, M.D. or N.J., Wildwood,etc.... The problem is we wanted to bring our two dogs with us this year. We have 2 dogs, a Brussels Griffon (7 lbs), and a Choc. Lab (100 lbs). We have been finding rentals that accept dogs, However, as soon as they find out one of our dogs are 100 lbs, they say they don't allow dogs that big in their places. Anyone who has "big" dogs knows that they are not destuctive just because they are big. My choc Lab is an overgrown baby, he is so gentle and loving. All he wants to do is walk, and lay in the sun, he has NEVER pooped or peed in the house since he was a puppy. I really would like to find a place so that we can bring our whole family on vacation this year and not have to board them. So...my request is, Does anyone have any rentals or know of anyone that rents to people who have dogs of this size. We are looking for a nice house or condo, preferably beach front! We don't mind paying an extra returnable deposit just to reassure the owners of our trust in our dogs and that we would pay to fix if anything God forbide happened. Thanks, L.

Google NJ Rentals and you will find a few sites that allow you to search do an advanced search by city and if they allow pets. Here is the results for "beachfront only" in OC that allows pets for just one of the sites. http://www.shoresummerrentals.com/views/searchProperties.asp

There are many others. Also, you can call a realtor in the town that you wish to rent.
Have fun!

Try Delaware places too - their beaches are pet friendly and they have several state parks for camping. I imagine that the hotels/condos are more liberal with pets than Jersey where we had no luck in the past. No specific recs as we do our vacationing in Disney and board the pups most summers.

L. - I feel your pain. We had a similar problem when we needed temporary housing while our home was being built. At the time we had two labs. Most places would only allow one dog and also had a weight limit of about 70 lbs. I hope you don't think I'm a terribly unethical person, but I would probably just fib a bit on your lab's weight. They will get a security deposit so if there is any damage, it is covered.

Good luck!!

Did you try Marquee de Lafyatte in Cape May or the Surf 16 Motel in North Wildwood? Both rent to dogs owners.

1 / 3