My Child's Tooth Is Already Coming In, but the Loose One Is Still There

My son's first loose tooth is one of center ones on the bottom. It has been loose for about 4 weeks now. This morning I noticed the new tooth is already popping up right behind it! What is going on? Shouldn't the old one have fallen out by now? Has anyone experienced this? Will the new one be in the wrong place? (it looks like it is going to grow in much further back than the orignal tooth.) Trying not to panic, but the dentitst can't see him for 2 more days.

Don't panic, perfectly normal. If it hasn't fallen out by the time you go to the dentist, he'll get it out in about 2 seconds. Probably the baby tooth has been displaced to the front by the new tooth coming in. My kids had this happen once or twice each with no problems whatsoever.

This is wayyyyy normal. No need for the dentist. Old tooth will fall out, new one will come in. Placement works itself out. Twelve years down the road you'll still probably be getting braces on that kid!

This just happened to my son about 3 weeks ago. The new one pushed the old one out but it did take 2-3 weeks I think between me noticing it and the old one actually coming out (I think maybe it took time because he doesn't wiggle his teeth at all when they're loose).

The same thing happened to our son. No need to worry, the new tooth will push out the old tooth. The new tooth will fall into place.

This is normal. : )

Most of my children had this happen. With the first, the dentist recommended putting him under general anesthetics and pull them. So, we did. With the rest, the dentist we were seeing at that time said that it would be fine, eventually the babies would fall out. Sure enough, they did. And, the adult tooth will slide right into place. Don't panic. It happens more than you might think.

my daughters, 6, did not lose any of their baby teeth yet. but they have gotten 4 bottom ones behind the baby teeth. the dentist said it's a waiting game, and since they're not hurting, not to pull them out. they have had twos ets of teeth for 3 months now. yes, it bothers me to death and back. i can't wait for the tooth fairy.

Very common. It's called "shark teeth" and it's nothing to be concerned about--unless it's on the top front. The baby teeth will come out and you will be amazed at how the permanent teeth move right up into position! My son had this with both bottom front teeth and our ped. dentist told me not to worry at all, it's quite common.

Just happened to my daughter and the dentist said it happens all the time. He went ahead and pulled her old one but only because it was hurting her to have it so loose in her mouth. After four weeks, two more days will be just fine. Take a deep breath and relax. You're a good mom to be so concerned.

Have him start trying to loosen the one in front with his fingers - our dentist said to get it out of there as quickly as possible. My son did it in 3 days - my daughter took about 2 weeks and it was hanging on by a thread when I finally had to threaten her with her swollowing it while she slept!!!

1 / 3