My Child Still Has No Hair

My daughter is 14 months old and she was born with basically no hair. What little she did have she lost, as most babies do, and it has just recently grown back to the length it was when she was born. I see several other babies her age with a head full of hair and hers is no longer than a newborn. Just wondering if any other mothers have had hair deprived babies and when it finally grew in. Don't get me wrong, she is gorgeous but nonetheless...hairless. I also just want to make sure it is nothing medical.

My daughter is 3 and her hair is barely touching the nape of her neck. She is healthy and beautiful. Everyone thinks that I keep it cut that way. I couldn't wait to have a daughter so I could do her hair....I guess I will have to wait a little longer! :)
Don't worry, it will come!

My daughter was essentially bald until she was 18 months old - born with a full head of black hair that promptly fell out, not to reappear until 18 months. I was a little embarrassed by it, because everyone thought she was a boy, but it's past her shoulders now at 30 months. Try not to worry unless there are other signs of something being wrong. I just glued bows to her little bald head with Karo syrup!

Don't worry, it will come!

Don't worry about it. My son was born with absolutely no hair, and even at eighteen months he still didn't have enough to show up in pictures. His really started coming in around two, and he finally got his first haircut at 25 months. He is now three, and has plenty of hair. My husband and I were both bald babies, and ours came in around two as well. My mom got so frustrated with everyone calling me a boy that she taped bows to my head!

My youngest is almost 18mos and really doesn't have much hair. He has more in the back than on top. Hello baby mullet. Until about 16mos, though, he was just bald or peach fuzz. I myself did not get any hair until I was 2. I'm sure your baby girl is just adorable!

Her hair should start growing soon, as a kiddo did not have much other than some fuzz untill two.

My almost 4 year old got his first haircut at 2 - and that was just because I wanted to fit in... he now gets a haircut every 6 months or so.

My baby (18 months) has some long hair (8 of the, actually) - but he's so blond he looks bald. I was bald until close to two.

To my knowledge, the only baby issues that could cause baldness are hypothyroidism and nutritional insufficiency. Assuming that your daughter's color, weight and activity level are normal - I think you just have a beautiful bald baby. :) She'll get hair eventually.. until then, those little flower ribbon headbands will get the IM A GIRL message a cross.

I didn't have hair until I was over two, now I have a thick head of curly hair. Niether of my boys had much hair until around the same age either, they have hair now. Unless she is literally bald and your doctor is concerned about a disorder I wouldn't worry about it.

Aren't genetics funny? My first daughter was born with a full head of dark hair, but my son and second daughter were both Q ball balled. My little boy finally had hair by his second birthday and it was well worth the wait (Curly golden tresses). My 7 month old is just getting a dusting of golden hair. I cant wait to see if hers is curly too! I go nuts when people say she looks like a boy because she is bald and not dripping in pink lace.

1 / 3