My Baby Not the Age I Thought

Has any other mom kept up with the months of a childs age... i tried and just knew she was going for her 15 month check up.. only to just find out by creating this timeline she in only 14.. omg..omg

With my first, I was saying how many days she was and then we did weeks and months for a while...but she was my only. When my second came along when she was 22 months old, I did months for him because after a week, I couldn't keep up. When my third was born 23 months later, after the first week, people would ask how old he was and I would politely say "He was born on March 12th." lol - I couldn't keep up with it at all! You're totally fine!!!

Which is EXACTLY why the whole "my son is 97months old" thing I never did nor do.

He was 1-11 months. After that he was 1 year, just turned 1, 1 and a half, almost 2, 2. Etc. All the way to my son may technically be 97 months old, but instead I just say "8". I don't even bother with 8 1/12th.

Don't beat yourself up over this. Time flies and it's amazing we end up sane at the end of our child's childhood.

You are not alone...my three year old often tells people that she is five....

Mary, Mary quite contrary is what WE call her!!!!! She thinks she is funny.
:)

I'm sure it was an honest mistake. At some point your probably started counting with the month she was born instead of after she'd been here a month.

You're still a good mom :-)

I dunno what happened after 12 mos, I was kinda confused after that, a few people asked me her age, and I think I screwed it up twice! Right around 14 or 15 mos though so you're not alone...lol

Yes, I have three little ones who are 2 1/2 years, 1 1/2 years and 7 months. I stay busy as ever and sometimes have gotten messed up on how many months they are. It's not a big deal just something that can happen to Mom's sometimes. So your not alone :O)

Don't feel bad. I can never remember how old my husband is either...

It happens ALL the time. There is no metal ceremony when your child turns 18 if you have documented every new tooth along the way or their height and weight at each doctor's appointment! Personally, I think if you are spending your energy being a good mom, then something's gotta give and this is a pretty good trade off!!

heavens!
turn that baby in.
obviously you're unfit to keep her.
;)
khairete

My daughter and I argue about this very thing...she thinks the baby is month older every 4 weeks. She just doesn't get that there are several months out there with 5 weeks in them.

Go by the date of the month, if the baby was born on the 10th then each month that follows he is one month older on the 10th of that month. For example, say he was born on January 10th, then February 10th he is one month old, March 10 he is 2 months old, etc...it is much easier that way. From January 10th to February 10th is one calendar month. My daughter has 6 kids and still doesn't get it so it's okay, all moms stop counting months at 2 years old anyway. Once they get past being a toddler and reach that second birthday they are preschooler age not babies anymore, how sad that they eventually grow up.

I've compleatly forgot my sons age. At least you were in a ballpark range lol

I don't understand, what is the difference between 1 month? Why are you so concerned? I must be missing something. I have 3 kids and I never had a problem with keeping up with months though after 18 months I didn't think about becasue it doesn't matter unless it's a Dr appointment and if you are off by a few months no one cares.

Suz, you made me laugh!

My daughter is 144 months old. Give or take a few...

You are fine! Happened to me all of the time, and then I finally decided that it was easier to refer to my kids in years, not months. (I think it's also called "baby brain" and it goes away eventually!) We've all been there!