My Baby Has a Chapped Face!!

My little girl will be 7 months old on 9-21 and she is getting to where she always sticks her tongue out, all day. And now she has a spot under her mouth that is red and dry. It also looks spotty and dry on her cheeks. I try to keep her chin wiped but it does no good. Is there any kind of cream or anything else I can do to get rid of it?

Well I used Vaseline on her chin and cheeks and it has completely cleared up! Thank you everyone for your time and input, I really appreciate it! :)

Get Aquaphor it is in the baby section usually it is a really good cream for that and it is clear so not the white clumpy mess everywhere!

hello, my son used to get chapped around his mouth, from his pacifer while he was teething. my friend gave me bag balm, it worked really well. it doesn't take long to heal. hope this helps

Hi M., I had the same problem with my little boy doing the same thing. I found some cream to put on his cheeks to keep them from getting chapped. Another thing is don't use a baby wipe to clean their face. That causes it to be worse. Just a warm wash cloth works fine. The cream I found is in a stick form and it is called Grins & Giggles Moisterizing stick. You shoudl be able to find it at Target or Eckerd. I hope this helps

Bag Balm is very good and it heals chapped stuff quickly. Make sure it's not eczema though. Check with your doctor if you suspect that. Bag Balm is expensive, but it's worth it. I got mine from WalMart, but Walgreens sells it too.

Good luck is all I can really say. I used vaseline on the cheeks at night and it really helped. But with your daughter keeping her bottom lip moist, and learning to use her tongue, it will just take time for it to go away I'm afraid. You can always use desitin at night on her bottom lip. Its just like a diaper rash. Stays wet and looks horrible.

When I had this problem with my son, the doctor recommended EUCERIN lotion. It's a bit expensive, but it's really thick so a little goes a long way. You can find it at Wal-Mart. I think it may be in a white bottle with EUCERIN written in blue. It works wonders on baby's dry skin. Even a little vaseline will help.

M. ,

My daughter was having the same problem with chapped skin under the lip .I started using Carmex on it and because of the taste my daughter stopped licking her lips . In two days the skin under her lip was completely healed . There will be a slight discoloration until the skin heals and goes back to natural color .

Using a little vaseline in the affected areas sometimes helps.

We used Gerber Teeny Faces Moisturizing Stick ALL the time. It's essentially a petroleum base with some healing herbs in it. We love it. Here's a link:

http://www.epinions.com/content_149942341252

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

face skin drying tongue