My 9 Year Old Daughter Wants to Wear Hold up Stockings for the School Prom

my daughter Becka whose only 9 , wants to wear hold up stockings for her school prom, im not sure whta to do about this , i have suggested tights but she says she wants hold up stockings

thanks everyone on here is so helpfull

Never heard of a Prom, at 9 years old.

Nope, I would not let my daughter wear those.
My daughter is 8.5 years old.

Why is there a school prom for an elementary school? And I am a total fashion retard and have no idea what hold up stockings are, but I can guess. What I'm guessing they are is not age appropriate at all.
I think you can give her three outfit choices that YOU pick out, or she can stay home. She is 9, not 19, right?

She's 9. Tell her no.

What "prom" is she going to???

Never heard of a Prom, at 9 years old.

My daughter is 8.5 years old.

Wow your daughter must be gifted to be going to prom at 9! Most seniors are 17 or 18 but 9!! Wow!

I'm missing something here.
I've only ever heard of a Junior/Senior (11th/12th grade) prom.
I've never heard of a prom for 9 year old s before.
It's expensive enough for teens and I had to earn the money for my prom dress.
What is involved for kids?
I'm not sure they have panty hose in kids sizes, but thigh highs or a garter belt for a 9 year old is a bit bizarre to my way of thinking.

You tell her no. She's 9! Why are you even second guessing yourself?

Haha, no. She's 9, tell her no. Or tell her she can wear knee high socks.

I have an aversion to little girls dressing years beyond their age. What happened to patent leather shoes, or at least flats and sandals, and pretty little dresses for 9 years old girls.

I would say no to the thigh highs, with or without garters. Since it is summer, she really doesn't need to wear hose at all. I would ask where she got the idea from and why she wants to wear them. Then I would explain that is clothing for adult women.

No, I don't have a daughter. But, I have a friend who has an 11 year old daughter and she would never think to allow her daughter to wear that type of hosiery.

Maybe we are just old fashioned? But, I think it is the parent's responsibility to help children resist the hype and pressure to look and act older than their age.

IMHO

God Bless

1 / 3