My 8Month Old Wants to Walk

My 8 month old holds onto things and wants to stand up. As i am a first time mom, i really don't know what kind of toys, or push toys to buy her. If you've been through it, please advice what are the best toys for me to buy her to help her walk. thanks in advance for having time to read this and hopefully respond... thank you =)

WHen my older two were that young we bought them push mowers for outdoors. When I was a kid myself mom said she used the popcorn vaccuum (the ball things popped). With my youngest we had little ride on toys that she had to use her legs to push. One opened up to be a push toy or closed to be a rider.

My son started to walk at 11 months. What we used is one of those walkers that the baby sits in with toys on it that the baby can walk around in. It kept him entertained and let him walk around by himself.

Hey Lanta,
If your baby wants to walk, get a buggy, or shopping cart, or something that she can pull herself up with and walk with it. There are alot of toys out there with wheels, that say help to walk etc.
I bought a shopping cart for my kids and then there was like an activity walker that you could fold down and use it for eye, hand coordination, and then readjust and the child can pull self u p and walk across the room. I forgot who makes it, but you can find it at WALMart.

You will come out getting something that inexpensive, because they outgrow things very fast. The Family Dollar have a Fisher Price Push toy for about 12.00 and it very sturdy also. I brought my son a push toy that's turn into a scooter once the child has accomplished the walking phase, it is made by Playskool and costed me about 23.00 with taxes from Walmart.

I wouldn't buy her anything. Just let her use the household furniture to guide her along. My daughter walked early too and I bought her one of those ride on toys that converts into a toy that she can hold on to that was supposed to help her walk but the wheels always went too fast for her and she would fall on her face! She did just fine using the couch and table. Good Luck!

My little girl did the same thing at that age I went to wal-mart they have a selection of push walkers to chose from. I'm not sure of the name of the one I have but it also has little toys to play with on it and it turns into a ride on scooter once she gets older.

yes, any push toy is good. I think the best are the riders that come in all sorts of themes like Nemo, princesses, toy story, dora etc... She can ride them when she gets older, my 2.5 year old still plays on his. However, don't think you have to buy anything. I am a first time mom and I was always worried that he wouldn't crawl if I didn't encourage it, he would stand if I didn't buy the big play walls and he wouldn't walk if I didn't buy him these things! Not true! She will do what she wants when she wants to without any help, so don't go broke thinking you have to get her all these things. But they are fun, so if you find a good deal, go for it.

Playskool makes a great push toy that turns into a little car they can sit on and ride once they are ready for it. it is all smooth plastic with some gadgets she can play with as well. It says it is for 9 months and older, but I got it for my daughter when she was 8 months because she was ready. I just stayed right behind her until she mastered it in case the wheels got going faster than her legs could keep up! :)

When my oldest son was starting to walk, he really liked his walker. He could just stand in it and stay still playing with the toys if he wanted or he could walk around. It kept him from falling down and hitting his head, so it made me a little more at ease. We just bought our 2nd child one and he likes it, too. It's the Sesame Street walker from Target - about $40.00. They can price up to as much as $100.00. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

1 / 3