My 8 Year Old Son Has Underarm Odor

My son in the last few days has had very strong underarm odor. He is only 8 and I think way too young for deoderant or puberty. Does anyone have this problem with their little boys. I would appreciate the help.

I'm afraid it does happen at an early age these days. If you don't want to use deoderant you can try having them wash with some alcohol it does take the smell away probably because it removes the bacteria. We use a deoderant that doesn't have aluminum. There are a lot to chose from. The one that works best is the Old Spice Aqua Reef. It still works for my 13 year old.

I have the same problem with my 8 year old daughter. She takes a shower/bath almost every night but it doesn't seem to matter. I hate letting her wear deoderant but if she doesn't kids make fun of her.

I know exactly what you mean, but all my boys use deoderant. I had to start with my youngest one when he was 6 because i just couldnt stand it anymore. I say go buy some and show him how to use it.

Honestly, I think now days puberty can hit anyone at anytime! For some reason, boys just smell more then girls as well ; ) LOL. I don't think it'd hurt to get him some deoderant if it's bothering him or you. You can get something more natural like Arm & Hammer... You can always talk to his Dr as well if you think there's a problem with it. My son will be 8 in Oct. and he's all ready taking interest in trying to make sure he smells nice etc.. he now requests the "guy" smelling body wash! lol Good Luck!

He's just the right age to start using deo. We recently had this conversation on my daycare forum and one provider requires all her school aged boys to bring deo to her home to apply after school to keep the odor in her home at a minimum!

my nephew is 9 and has been using deodorant for about a year now. My sister said it's just that time because he's close to puberty. I would use a deodorant only if the antiperspirants stuff is what scares you because I think at this age he might self-conscious.

I have 2 sons one is 12 yrs. and the other is 9 yrs. and both of them use deoderant. It is time to have the hygiene talk with him because the smell is not going anywhere. When I notice with both of my sons I bought them there own deoderant and body wash for them to use when they takes showers. I made a chart for them go by everyday so they can remember to keep up with there hygiene and it works.

My 10yr old has the same problem we bought the Toms natural deodorant with fragrance free it is really safe and doesnt smell like all the Manly deodorants do. Doesnt have a problem with it at all. You can get it anywhere I beleive. Target is where I got it.

I was so happy to see this!! I was thinking about asking the same question today for my girl. Even though my problem is with a girl I think I'm going to try some of the suggestions here! We are bathing everyday but we still notice the oder in the evening. Think I'll start with the powder.

8 years old is not to young for deo. In fact they make deo for the younger set. My girls started using deo, one at 7, the other at 8, and they started with the teen deo. Some kiddos just have that smell early in age and some don't. Save him the imbarrassment he may get one day when someone says something to him about his stinch. I'm sure someone else besides you has noticed but just hasn't said anything yet. Go to the store and let him pick out his own and he'll be good to go. Good luck and God Bless.

1 / 3