My 5 Month Old Baby Fell off the Bed!!!!!

Yesterday, while i was on the phone with my boyfriend, my daughter and i had laid down. I had taken some antibiotics and was sleepy but i really did not feel that way. Well, once i hung up with him all i remember is waking up to the loud shrieks of my little darling. I just knew she was not on the floor!!! I jumped off the bed with the speed of a cheetah, and there she was crying with her eyes wide open. I scooped her up and with an instant was on the phone with the doctor. I could barely dial the numbers, i was shaking so bad!!! Once i picked her up she acted as if the wind had been knocked out of her!!! I was soo scared i rushed her to the ER. They said that she would be fine but i dont know!!!! And to make matters worse my mom had told me whenever we lay down together make sure i put a pillow next to her to keep her from rolling off. I wanted to kick myself!!!! I just wanna know if she is truly going to be ok

It sounds like she will be just fine!! I wouldn't worry about it anymore, you had her looked at and they said she was fine. :) My son rolled off the bed when he was about that age, he was just fine! I felt SO bad! I just didn't put him back on my bed, only in his from then on. :)

my daughter fell off the bed as a baby too. No lasting harm. Babies are more resilient than you think. She was probably more scared than anything else.

I think we all have the baby fell off the bed story. Its the worst and we always feel TERRIBLE after it happens. Baby will be fine :)

She'll be fine :) It happens to ALL of us! No need to beat yourself up over it. That first fall is ALWAYS the worst. Just like the first bruise, the first shots, the first..well..any injury. Babies are amazingly resilient. They seem to be able to bounce back from a lot of stuff really easy.

I'm sure she is fine. I was once told that if my baby never fell off the bed then I was watching him much to closely. I think my son was about 6 months old when he fell off ours...same thing I dozed and he ended up hitting his face on a metal hand weight we had sitting by the bed. :c( Since then he has fallen off a few times while wrestling with my husband. Now it doesn't even bother him. He just gets up. (He is 2 1/2).

The doctors at the ER checked her out so I'm sure she is fine. When napping with my son I do put a pillow next to him so he doesn't roll off.

This happened to my husband while I was at work. I've never seen him that shaken. He called me at work and had me come home and we rushed to the doctor who said our daughter was just fine. It's always good to get babies checked out after a fall and at that young of an age. You did the right thing by taking her in to be checked out, but you aren't the first or last person to do this. She'll be fine. Take a deep breath and try not to be so hard on yourself. You're human, mistakes happen. It's how we learn. :) Take care!

This happened to my son when he was about 9mo. He was and still is FINE!! It happens to every kid!

This is your first baby, isn't it, LOL? My boy has fallen off the bed countless times. My girl once fell off and had to get stitches in her head (she was sleeping on a normal sized bed) but aside from a shiney spot of skin on her forehead, she's fine now. In fact, she spends a lot of time bearing her whole body weight on her head. By choice. I tend to see her feet sticking up in the air more often than her face. She must have healed pretty well.

Babies are made of some pretty strong stuff. I would not give it another thought. They'll get worse bumps than that in life and you can't wear yourself out worrying like this. I sympathize, I do, I was like that when my dd was a baby. After the second group of stitches in her head I've thrown up my arms. She knows that if she needs stitches in her head again she has to get a job to pay for them. :)

She is just fine. This will not be the first time she rolls off of something. Babies bones are still flexible. They have a good skull to protect their head. Please relax and know that as long as you take common sense precautions she will be fine. Also know that accidents happen. If she's crying and in every other way acting fine then hold her until she calms down. Keep an eye on her to see if there are any changes over time but be calm. Your anxiety will increase her fear and she will continue to cry.

1 / 3