My 4-Month Old Baby Sleeps Through the Night (10-12 Hours!)

I work 4 nights per week, 10-hour each night. The last two weeks my husband has told me that my girly either wakes up, drinks 1 oz of breast milk from the bottle (she was taking 4 oz!), and falls back asleep, or she does not wake up at all at night. She has been sleeping 10 - 12 hours straight! She is not acting sick, nurses from me really, really well through the day, seems to be gaining weight (those little folds, oh). I misplaced my copy of "What to Expect the First Year" and don't know if it is okay for her to sleep that long without food... Do we need to be concerned about it?

My girls still sleep like this and they are 3. They would sleep 10-12hrs a night and still take 2,2hr naps. I too was concerned since my son NEVER slept. He didn't sleep thru the night til he was over a year old and he never took consistent naps, even as a newborn. But now I know that I'm just blessed!!! Most mornings they get up around 9:30am but there are still mornings(like yesterday) where they will sleep til 10 or 11am. So don't worry just enjoy it.

You are so blessed that she is sleeping that long! I wouldn't be concerned at all. My daughter started sleeping 12 hours at night around 4 months and still does (she's 18 mos)!

Yea! She's just a great sleeper. My 1st was not so nice until he was 12 mos. My 2nd slept thru the night right off, couldn't even rouse him to nurse as a newborn. He wasn't losing weight so I didn't worry. 3rd started sleeping good around 5 months. My advise to you.....sleep and enjoy.

It's ok if your baby sleeps thru the night. After a month, my little girl was sleeping all thru the night and she is almost a year and still sleeping thru the night. Your are not depriving her of food or anything. If she was really hungry she would wake up. Her sleeping thru the night is a good thing. If you happen to wake up and feel the need to check on her, go ahead, I did for a while. She'll be ok.

Thank your lucky stars!! :)

Yeah, that's great. The only reason anyone would need to wake a baby at this age who sleeps longer than 10 hrs is to help keep their milk supply. So if that's not an issue for you, then let your family enjoy their peacefull slumbers.

My daughter has been sleeping 10 to 12 hours straight since 7 weeks old! I admit I called the doctor in a panic, but they assured me it was okay. She is almost 4 months now and has continued that pattern. It's a blessing, be thankful!!! : )

I also agree that its fine, he will wake up if he is hungry and he will go through stages in sleep patterns. somtimes he will sleep that much and sometimes less... enjoy while you can. also start using overnight huggies diapers to save your self messy sheets...Also make sure there is plenty of air circulation in the room like a ceiling fan it helps prevent any carbon dioxide build up in the crib.

A. J

1 / 3