My 3 Year Old Snores, Is This Normal???

My 3 year old son snores a lot during the night, not way to loud but bothers me since his bed is in my room because his room is getting fix (long story ha!). Since he was a baby he had this problem in the begg. it was the usual he is sick, he has a little noise, and so much, but I know too that my husband snores like a horse and from my dad's side everyone snores. For what I have been told I do but just when I'm sick or very tired, which has been lately! But I don't know for my son is genetic or something to worry about. I haven't seen or heard him stop breathing, so I don't know. Can you give some ideas to easy my mind because doctors now in days are always in the "don't worry about it" and I'm sick and tired of it...Yes, I have changed many doctors..!ha!
Thank You and have a good day Ladies!!!

If you say goodbye to the tonsils and adnoids you say good by to snoring, Snoring is a blocked air way.

try taking him off dairy and wheat for 3 months and see if that helps............i test negative on both these things but when i do not eat dairy and wheat i breath better and do not snore and the mucus clears up in my head etc...........worth a try:)

See if you can get a referral to a pedicatric ENT. My son's wonderful (and adorable) doctor referred him to the one he used for his own son because he says he does not rush to operate. The ENT took one look and figured out that my son has enlarged adnoids. He said right now there is no need to operate, but we need to think about having them removed if
a) he shows signs of sleep apnea
b) he gets recurring strep throat

For the cost of an insurance co-pay, I was able to find out what was causing the snoring and got peace of mind (and options) and know what to look for.

Well my daughter, who just turned 4 two weeks ago has snored since she was an infant. I told her doctor and she didnt seem to mind much. I figured since she was a chunky baby that was the reason. Well, now that my daughter is having more problems, either allergies and/or asthma (doctors still havent figured out what yet) the snoring seems to be an issue with them now. They started her on a nasal spray for a month and if in a month the snoring does not go away then I might be getting referred to an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor because, as the doc says, there is an abstruction somewhere in there that needs to be taken care of. The snoring has subsided a lot, but cant say it was just the nasal spray because she is also on singular for the past week and they may have helped it out. I would say your question is warranted and should be checked into more for sure.

i agree with the lady who said to take to ear/nose/throat spec. my niece snored also and she had enlarged adnoids and tonsils. she had to have surgery to get them taken out. it was a simple procedure and i believe that she was back to school on monday after having it done on friday. it might be nothing. but it might be something simple to fix also. hope this helps

Hi N.,

My son is 6 now and has snored since he was tiny. It never was a loud snore and he never stopped breathing when he snored, or didn't that I noticed. What I did notice was that he was getting a lot of sinus infections at a very young age and eventually began to have frequent nose bleeds. The doctor suggested he have a tonsilectomy and adenoidectomy so we had that done during Thanksgiving break. He doesn't snore now.

I certainly can't say your son needs this but I would suggest taking him to an ENT doc to have those things checked.

Best to you!!

K. Woodlief
www.LovinLifeHome.com

Sleep apnea is a serious condition and snoring is a behavior which results from sleep apnea. Please see a pediatric otolaryngologist (ENT) and advocate for a "sleep study." This will involve an overnight stay in the hospital, but it is a simple procedure (and not invasive at all) that monitors heart rhythms as the child sleeps. You should definitely seek help because sleep apnea that is not treated can lead to heart disease and stroke.

I would take him to an ENT just to be certain. My son was a big snorer and he had sleep apnea. he would be exhausted in the mornings after having been in bed for 12 hours. He had sleep apnea and had to have his tonsils and adnoids removed. One sure sign the dr. told me was his bad breath, it was horrible!! I also found out it's pretty common.

1 / 3