My 3 Month Old Has Green Poop

My 3 month old is really gassy, he has been since he was born..so the doctor put him on a formula that's sup post to help. well ever since he turned 2 months old is poop has been really green and smells really really bad. i asked the doctor she said nothings wrong. But i kinda think there is. and he's still really gassy. he's not getting anything but formula. whats do you think could be wrong?

I don't think the green color is a problem. I think my pediatrician says green was from a lot of carbs. Can't remember tho. I had breast feeding troubles so I pumped exclusively for the first 3 mos. My supply decreased, so I had to start using formula. First just one bottle a day. Once I was up to almost half formula per day, that's when I noticed problems with gas. Now my son is fairly gassy, but at this point, it was clear that the gas was causing him to be uncomfortable, fussy, and cry. I had originally used regular Enfamil. I switched to Gentlease, but my husband & I did not care for the primary ingredient being corn syrup solids (or something like that). The formula was very sweet & sticky. We ended up switching to Nestle Good Start. The one we used was actually a bit more expensive, but no more gas pains & troubles. Perhaps you need to try other formulas

Sometimes it's brown, or orangey, sometimes it's green, like neon green, grassy green, blue if they eat blueberries...as long as it's not black.

I have 3 kids and 1 is 5 mos, all had (have) green poop when I stated to give formula before having solids. When my babies were exclusively breastfed, poop was yellow. Once adding the formala (to supplement) the poop turned green. It is the formula, what it is made of. What goes in is what comes out sometimes. As far as the smell....formula smells bad before its digested, so yuck! and the poor babies, can't wait to suck it down and then ask for more. My 1 yr old niece had a bowl of blueberries and her poop looked like she ate smurfs. I just relized I'm writing an awful lot about poop....don't be alarmed, your baby has normal poop. Hold your breath...poop only gets worse!

My baby just turned 4 months and she has basically had green poo since she was born. She was on Breast Milk and is now on Formula for Sensitive stomachs. She isn't really gassy or anything. Doctor said it was normal and my other daughter had green poo as well.

My daughter is 2 months old and I am experiencing the same thing. Her poop has recently just started turning a little green. She was very very gassy but it is getting a little better. She is on Enfamil Lipil. The doctor doesn't seem to be worried at all. Said "this is normal. Her body is just figuring things out".

my daughter was the same way and she also get diarreha but she is find so dont worry as much jus watch if he gets a temp then you can worry.

Green poop and a rash around the anus is a sign of an allergy. Formula fed babies poop always smells really really bad.

Hi T.,
My name is J. and I myself have a 3 months old girl. As green poop is concerned, its normal. my doctor told me the same thing last time and said that the poop will be bad for 1 year!! I was also told by a friend to change my diet because I breastfeed or the other thing I could use was the formula. So far, nothing changed and the poop still the same and its annoying but I know that is how it goes with infant. How can green poop be normal? only with infant.
Try not to worry and just give it time.
J..

1 / 3