My 2 Year Old Is Constantly in the Bathroom!!

My son is constantly on the potty peeing. The first time in the morning it is yellow, but every other time it's like water. He drinks a lot, but he pees about two to three times every time he's done with a cup. Is this normal? He drinks a lot of milk, water and juice. I dilute the juice with water. With dinner he has half water, half tea. He's two years old. My daughter just never went that much. Is this normal?

Unless he's in pain, I think he's probably ok. Healthy pee in adults should be on the clear side (meaning you're hydrated). Some just like to go more than others. Mine was obsessed with the potty at about the same age. It's actually a good thing and chances are, he'll outgrow it eventually.

I would take him to the doctor. Increased urine output (that is excessive) can be a sign of other problems. I don't want to worry you so I won't mention what some of the possibilities are, but it would be prudent for you to talk with your doctor. Just ask him to do a urine analysis to make sure there isn't any underlying cause for him needing to void so frequently. It might be nothing; sometimes kids just have tiny bladders. Good Luck!

Is he doing it out of novelty? Like he just is excited to use the potty? If not, he should probably see the doctor to get some labwork checked, just in case. Could be a kidney problem.

Sounds pretty normal...he's drinking a lot, so he's peeing a lot. Especially if you dilute his juice and he drinks tea. Is he always thirsty? If he complains of thirst you may need to let his pediatrician know.

My daughter was doing the same thing until I noticed she wasn't emptying her bladder when she went to the bathroom. She would go a little and stop right in the middle and jump off the potty as if she were finished. I started going in there with her for a while until she got the hang of it.

It's probably normal, but a quick check with your pediatrician can tell if there is an infection. Is he newly potty trained? Is he "afraid" he might have an accident?

I would call your nurse and see if a urinanlysis is in order. Peeing in a cup should be no problem for your little guy!

its probably fine. my 2.5 year old son does the same thing ... he pees just a tiny bit at a time, which means that he needs to pee every 45 min.

We went to see a urologist for this a few years ago. Our son was doing the same thing. He did a sonogram and didn't see any problems. We also had blood work done and it didn't show anything. He told me a couple things that I didn't know. One, if he isn't doing his big job often enough or is constipated, it can push on his bladder and make him need to urinate more frequently. He also said that giving kids bubble baths or letting them sit in bath water with lots of soap after you bathe them can cause an irratation up in there and make them need to go more often. There were a couple other things that he mentioned but I decided it was probably the soap thing because our son loved playing in the bathtub. We gave him showers for a while and it cleared up. After that I just let him play in the bath for a while before I washed him and then pulled him out immediately after.

1 / 3