My 2 Year Old Daughter, Can't Go Poop, Not Even with Laxatives,etc.

My two year old daughter has a very hard time going poop, it usually takes days if not weekd for her to go. My husband and I have done all that we can.. I have taken her to Cook's Childrens in Fort Worth, Texas but they haven't been able to help me as you can see.. She still has the problem. We have cut out cheese, milk and anything pretty much dairy. I had to take her to the hospital today, cause she was trying to go so bad even in a warm bath tub of water, and she was turning red and ended up throwing up. I was at the hospital for 2 hours and they did not help me at all. No advice nothing, They did an xray but didn't tell me the results on that.. I need someone to help me.. I am at my breaking pont. I have done, miralax, exlaxs, enamas, castol oil, and still nothing.. Someone please help me, I am a mom, and I only want to help my daughter and I can not sit there and watch my daughter go threw this... Please help me...

Nothing has happened yet.. I have a number for a place in Dallas Tx, called Dallas Children and I am going to call them tomorrow and talk to someone that may be able to help me out. I just went and bought a bunch of juice and some carrots and other things to see if maybe that will help but, I have done that before and nothing worked so I am not getting my hopes up... I just need someone who has taken there child to a specialist to tell me what all they did to help.. Cause I am done with giving her exlax and enamas and so on, I don't want her to get to the point she needs it to go for the rest of her life.. So please help.

My grand daughter had all of these problems and still does to some degree and she is 13. She had encopresis ( severe constipation). We have been seeing the gastrointerology people at Cooks Childrens. This is a problem that does not go away overnight if it is encpresis and can be quite frustrating to treat. She may also have some other issues with her bowels that need to be addressed. My granddaughter had a number of test to rule out other problems. Her doctors were Dr. Osuntokuni and Dr. Ogummola at ###-###-####.

I believe the name is milanta is magnesium milk, and has work good with my child....
I'm sorry I know how you feel, but I don't think keeping her out of milk and cheese , will help.

My daughter had the same problems. I had her IGg tested for food intolerances (simple finger prick) and found out that rice was her problem.

Did they do an x-ray/sonogram of her abdomen to confirm that nothing physical with her digestive system is going on? My daughter went through this same thing at roughly the same age as your daughter. Although my three boys never suffered constipation, I learned it is very common at this age, particularly with girls. I would not suggest the enemas, traditional laxatives or fiber increasing agents; although if you do use these, keep in mind that if you don't GREATLY increase your daughter's water intake, many of these will have the reverse affect on her issue, compounding the constipation and actually making it worse. How persistent were you with Miralax? It took a few days with my daughter, but this is what eventually worked for her. She took this for quite some time, until she and her body decided to have regular bowel movements without the aid. Miralax is not a traditional laxative, so you don't need to worry about her body developing a dependency for it. In short, I would recommend insisting on the x-ray. At this point, your daughter could simply have a blockage, in which case, if that is cleared up then you persist with Miralax, her problem may be solved. Or I would be inclined, like the other Moms to think she could possibly be having a food allergy if the constipation persists with consistent and proper dosage of the Miralax. Hope this helps, and praying your sweet baby improves soon....

Everybody has given you great suggestions. I would also suggest getting her on some probiotics. My son had severe constipation issues and we were at our wits end trying to help him (he's 5). Finally a friend suggested probiotics. I was willing to try anything. They have not resolved the issue 100%, but now at least he goes every 3 days or so, and without much trouble. We have an appointment to see a natural medicine doctor because the GI and Pediatrician doctors have thus far provided not solutions that have worked.

Hope you find something that works!

My daughter had the same problem. She would even yell at the top of her lungs "my bottom hurts!" in the store. My doctor said to never give her over the counter laxatives. What ended up helping her is eating some high fiber cereal like Quaker oatmeal squares (cinnamon) every night before bed. Our digestion works best when we're asleep so in the morning she was usually ready to go. It took a couple of days to get her started; I think because at some point it had hurt her so she had been holding it on purpose. Hope that helps!

Alternative & Traditional Pediatric Care, Dr. Amber Brooks. She considers her specialty to be addressing those issues that the regular Ped's ignore, such as chronic ear infections and bowel trouble. This would be an all natural approach if you are open to that.
###-###-####
Dr. Brooks will conduct a 20 minute phone consult for free to help you determine if your child needs to come in.
http://mychildwellness.com/site/index.php?option=com_cont...

I second taking her to a gastro specialist. I know you have eliminated dairy, but also wondering if food allergies have been ruled out. Celiac disease can do this to people for instance. Might be worth checking into that as well.

I would take her to a specialist too. I'd take her to doctor after doctor until some one can tell you what is going on. That poor girl. Find a gastroenterologist. From what I've read Magnesium citrate works miracles for people who couldn't poop but once a week even though they needed to more than that. The label says consult a doctor under 6 so meet up with the new doctor and talk to him/her about it. Anything that has to do with the BRAT diet cut down on, I believe that hardens poop which sounds like a big problem here. Make sure she is drinking lots of water.

Try not to talk about it. Don't make it daily conversation "Did you poop yet, do you need to go poop?" The karo syrup trick usually works. Give her a book to read while she's on the pot, don't make a huge issue. Nature will usually take its course when it's time. Stressing her out by making a big deal out of it could cause her to hold it rather than to relax enough to go. Sitting on the pot for a while and being distracted by a book helps gravity make things work without her straining so much to go.

1 / 3