My 2 Week Old Baby Has a Bloated Stomach?

I have been breastfeeding my 2 week old baby without any problems until recently I noticed my baby's stomach is swelling up? I have a 2 year old son who I breast fed and didn't have anything happen like this, so I'm not sure if it's my diet or is there something going on inside my baby's stomach. She isn't crying or acting like anything is bothering her; however, her stomach looks unusually bloated. I don't want to medicate with mylacon gas medication without knowing if it's gas or should I eliminate something from my diet? Any ideas or experience with this issue I would love to hear from you. Thanks

Thanks for all the comments and concern regarding my baby who's stomach appeared bloated. I called her doctor and everything I was concerned about apparetnly is normal.

Go to your doctor or ER right away.
take care,
Susan
www.cafepress.com/littlegoogoo

Call your pediatrician NOW! That is something serious. I had a problem with my son and was told to go to ER right away if I saw this.

it could be what your eating. change your diet a bit. if it continues to bloat take her to her dr. the mylacon drops just help to release the gas and wont harm her if you give it to her and its not gas... thry to peddle her legs that should help the gas work its way down and out.

This would alarm me enough to call my Ped. or just go to the hospital. I've breastfed two babies and ate a variety of foods, including foods that could cause gas and never did my kids tummies get bloated. Your son is only two weeks old. Call your Dr.

1 / 3