My 19 Month Old Has Loose, Cream Colored Stools

I have a 19 month old daughter who for the last 4 days has been having mostly loose, cream colored stools. She has been drinking more milk lately, but I don't know what to think. Has anyone else had a toddler with this problem. She has been acting a little different lately. I don't know if it's a virus or something more serious.

Thanks to everyone for your response. I was about to lose my mind, but reading about your past experiences and advice gave me much peace. The next day, things began returning to normal. It seems that it was milk giving her problems. As we cut more milk out of her diet, things began to improve. Although I hate that she may have a problem with milk, I'm so grateful it's not something more serious. Again, thanks to everyone!

its dounds like it could be rotovirus, is she throwing up? you should take her to the doctor cause dehydration is a serious side effect of that bug. My daughter has it and gave it to daddy and I. The house was miserable for days and its contagious!

Hi A.
Well, first when a child has a runny or loose stool, take them off all dairy/milk/ice cream products and sugary products. Have them on bananas/potatoes/rice to firm up the stool. See if that helps.

if it's like diarrhea you can give her some yogurt and that will help. that's what my pediatrician recamended when my boys were little. they all go through it so i wouldn't worry too much.

Sometimes, loose, lightly colored, foul smelling stool accompanied by a change in behavior can indicate too much yeast in the system. You might want to have her stool checked for an over-growth in yeast. Did she have any shots like vaccines or anti-biotics just before the change???

Contact me if you'd like. My sons are very sensitive and so I have to be very in touch with their systems and how things change and affect them!

My daughter had a stomach bug with diarrha and vomiting at that age. Her stool was that color and consistencey a few days afterthe diarrha stopped. it was loose but not runny and it lasted a few days. too much dairy can make this happen if they have been sick. My daughter was a little intolerant of dairy after her bug.

My daughter just had a stomach bug last week and when her stools started to become solid again it was very pale cream colored. So maybe your daughter has a virus just not too severe.

call the dictor!!!!!

My son used to have a similar problem and it turned out he was lactose intolerant. However, you should think back to everything she has eaten over the last week and figure out if she has had anything new to her. If it continues you should contact the doctor just to make sure.

1 / 3