My 19 Month Old Climbs Out of the Crib.

My 19 month old daughter started climbing out of her crib about 3 weeks or so ago. I caught her doing it a couple times so i see how she is getting out. The problem is that i have all ceramic tile in my home and i am afraid she is going to get hurt. My mom said that i should turn down one side of the crib but i am afraid that she will wake up and not realize it down and fall out. I am at my wits end trying to figure out what to so do with her. I asked other parents if they thought that she was too young to be climbing out of her crib... she is a little more advanced for her age.. or maybe i want to say over developed..... I need help....

Thank you everyone for your advice about Bria climbing out of her Crib. I decided that i will take the bed apart and turn it into a toddler bed for her safety and my sanity. I never thought that i could just turn the crib down to a little bed that would be easier for her to be able to climb out of. Thank you all so much for your advice and putting my fears at ease. :)

You could buy foam pads to put on the floor next to her crib. You know the ones you see on the floor at preschools and gyms? They sell a big pack of them at Sams Club for $20. I put them in my sons room under his rug, since we have hard floors too. I really love them. They make the floor nice and soft. Good luck! T.

Skye is probably ready for a toddler bed one that is low to the ground like the car bed. she would not fall as far to the ground it would be more like rolling over. put a carpet right next to the bed.

I agree with some of the others...it is time for a toddler bed!

Everything I have read and heard says that when they can climb out of their crib it is time for a toddler bed or a real bed (usually with side rails to prevent them from falling out). I would definitely put soft padding or a rug of some sort next to her bed in case she climbs/falls out.

I am a mother of 3 and all 3 of my children were out of a crib by 19 months. Your mom is right you will need to put down one side or get her a todler bed which is lower to the ground. Maybe you have one of the cribs that you can lower or convert. They also sell these little removable barriers that will prevent her from rolling off while she sleeps but it offers a far less dangerous exit for her when she wakes. Good luck she sounds like my kind os girl.

I.

My daughter to started climbing out around the same time, I started her at that time in her toddler bed. I was told she was too young but it has worked out great. she is now 21/2 and has transitioned into a twin bed with rails. She thinks she is such a big girl.

Hope this helps
S. T.

Hi, M.!
Your baby definately ready for a toddler bed. Buy her one of them. In Walmart.com or Toys'r us you can chose one of them very nice just for $50, like Dora theame, or Disney Princess. I boudht for my daughter a Dora bed and she LOVES IT! Also these beds are lower and she can climb up herself.
Or you can turn down one side of the crib and put "Bed safety rail", which you can buy in Toys'r'us, or Babys'r'us. And put a soft rug in front of yours daughter bed.
Best wishes,
V.

HELLO! I have always been afraid of this and since Adrian was little, I have been putting him in a little sleep sac/sleeping bag. You can buy loads of them online and they fit up to 3 yrs old.

http://www.babyinabag.com/products.asp?id=12

Anyway - these bags not only avoid the climb out but they also ensure baby doesn't get cold or get tangled in the covers.

I lived in England and these are super popular!

1 / 3