My 15 Month Old Drags Her Head Accrossed the Floor While Crawling

I know this sounds weird but my now 15 month old daughter crawls and drags her head accrossed the floor,She can walk and does so most of the time. I have had her ears checked taken her to the doctor and she says that there is nothing wrong. So I am very curious to know if other children do this, could it be a sign of something wrong or is my wee one just strange?????

Thanks to all, I know as mothers we are natural worry warts and every little thing seems like a sign or symptom of somthing wrong, sometimes we just need a new perspective on things. I appreciate all of your comments :)

lol.. no I think it is normal. Mine used to bang her head onto the floor when she had a fit as early at 9mo. she had a constant bruise on her forehead for about a year. finally she grew out of it.

my 3 year old son often does that dragging of his head when we are at the beach. I think it is just a sensory experience. everyone laughs and he doesn't even notice because he is so intent on what he is doing. it is strange I know. people look at me like I'm the crazy mom that lets him do it. but really.. he must be testing something in his little head.

You have a "rock and roll" baby. Some of them need to bang theirs heads to a hard surfaces, some of them need to drag theirs heads on the floor, in short - they need to feel the rhythm. Get her some toys she can bang and make the sound she needs to feel. Give her pots and pans with wood spoon. Play some "rock and roll" music for her and dance with her (stomp your feets, drum on the floor with your hands). Soon it will go away. She needs to feel the drums rhythm. Hope I was helpful. Good luck!

My oldest boy did that! He stopped after he got a rug burn on his forehead. All the neighbors asked him what happened and he was embarassed.
He told me it felt neat and that the world look interesting from that angle.
She'll stop. There's nothing wrong with her.

YAY! My son does this as well. He started around 16 months and I think he finds the sensation stimulating or something. It really cracks me up. I am glad to hear someone else has a head dragging child!

My son is also 15 months old and has been doing the same thing from time to time. We have hardwood floors and notice that he mainly does it on the carpet. We have assumed that he likes the feel of the softer surface on his face. We have chalked it up to his unique way of exploring his environment.

Dear S.,
My heart goes out to you and your daughter. I can feel your concern and search to find out more about your daughter's crawling. I have known Dr Devorah for 12 years. She is a pediatrician and a neurologist. She is open today, Saturday. Please call her office and talk to her. She is the one who will be able to tell you more about your daughter. This is about her motor coordination and development. Please call her, she is very friendly and available. B. C ----http://www.drdevorah.com/our_practice.htm

LOL...my 15 month old son is currently doing this it is so cute! Their just being funny!

My son did the same thing at that age and I rushed him to the doctor because I thought he had an ear infection. Turns out he was just exploring things sensorily(sp?), and t was normal. i have since done my Master's in child brain development, 0-3 yrs, and it is one way of your child "wiring" his brain. He will grow out of it, and it actually can be very good for developing some types of motor skills!

1 / 3