My 11 Month Pulled a Small Rubberband Out of Her Hair and Swallowed It

my 11 month old swallowed a small rubberband without choking ,will it come out in her bowel movement?

my 11month lod pulled a small rubberband out of her hair and swallowed it without choking on it ,will it pass in her bowel movement?

Please call your pediatrician right now. There is a chance it will pass, and there's also a chance that it could get stuck and obstruct something. We aren't physicians-- you need to call one. Today. Even if you have to leave a message to talk to the ped on call.

I would just check her poop for it in the next few days. My daughter swallowed a 8" piece of yarn and I didn't even know it until I changed her diaper. Ewww!!

But I would call her doc anyways just to be on the safe side.

I swallowed a screw out of my crib when I was 6 months old and it passed (according to my mother). Probably good to check with the doctor so they are aware of it and yet I'm sure they'd say just check and see if it passes although you could miss it. They probably would do nothing but do try hard to see if it passes.

A couple of my kids ate crayons on occasion...

It made for a very colorful diaper change!

This is what your pediatricians on call is there for. Please call and ask them.

I have four. Never really had an issue with this with the first three, but the last one will put ANYTHING in her mouth. i try my best to be super-vigilant, but honestly sometimes I dont know what she has swallowed UNTIL I find it in her diaper... A teeny balloon piece, a bead from a necklace, stickerS, and more that I can't remember right now. She is almost three and still puts stuff in her mouth... the grossest of things. She doesn't have a vitamin deficiency, just likes to taste dirt, rocks, the bottom of her shoe, her toes, BUGS, her nose-business, etc. EW! Big EW. I know it sounds like I'm the crazy mom, but I swear it is her (lol). She is also the sweetest, most thoughtful, cute, smart, loving pretty feminine thing, and then she has this habit...

You should be cautious (look for it in diaper), but your baby will probably be fine. I think all kids have additional angels to look out for them when they do these things. Good thing the little one didn't choke. Surprisingly and thankfully, my little one has never choked either.

My neice used to eat her rubber bands all the time and she was ok. We realized she would only eat the colored ones so my sister started buying the black ones and she stopped!

1 / 3