Muscle Aches During Pregnancy

I am 16 weeks pregnant with my second child and my neck and back are already aching, much worse than the first pregnancy. My 20 month old obviously still needs to be picked up a lot during the day and I am sure that is contributing. However, sometimes I find that I wake up more sore than how I felt the night before. Does anyone have any good suggestions for relieving muscle aches during pregnancy? Like a good pillow suggestion? Or anyone in Charlotte know of a place that gives prenatal massages? I know that I need my body to be in good condition for the next baby and hope I can preserve it to some degree!

I found a great pre-natal massage therapist at the Massage Envy on Park Road. Her name is Terry Cope. She got me through my first pregnancy pain free and I am currently seeing her for treatments with my second. She is also great to talk through "mom" and "mom-to-be" questions and concerns!

The lady who mentions to drink plenty of water is spot on. But I'd like to add that you need to pee as often as feel the need to pee. Don't hold it, because the bladder pressing on the uterus can cause premature labor. And not drinking enough can cause the uterus to contract if it becomes dehydrated, and can cause preterm labor as well. So drink and pee, drink and pee!

Edamame spa inside of Destination Maternity at Southpark does prenatal massages. Also there are certain employees at Zen Massage who do prenatal. It is very important that you only get massaged by someone trained in prenatal.

But I have to tell you, my back never hurt ONCE during my pregnancy because I went to a chiropractor the whole time. Someone told me that chiropractic was great for pregnant women but i was skeptical and didn't start right away. But once i did, I became a believer and still go to this day. They keep your back in good condition, as well as help get your pelvis prepared for birth. I HIGHLY recommend Lifespring Chiropractic in Huntersville, or any other Maximized Living Chiropractor.

I use a massage therapist by the name of Christine Flannery who is phenominal. She also uses essential oils in her work with helps. Her number is ###-###-####

My girlfriend at dilworthmassagetherapy.com is really good. Hopefully that will help. And make sure you keep drinking that water to help hydrate your muscles and body. And remember to rest when you can. Just some reminders to take time to take care of yourself. I wish you good health in the next few months!

1 / 3