Multivitamin for 2 Year Old

Can anyone recommend a multivitamin for a 2 year old that is free of artificial dyes? I don't want to give him a gummy vitamin because they are really bad for the teeth and I just got a liquid that smells (and tastes) awful! Thanks for your help!

Trader Joe's carries a crunchy multi-vitamin that does not have artifical colors. It is in a bear shaped bottle and has different colored animals. My children took those until they were 3 & 5 and then we went to a gummie vitamin without artifical colors. I wasn't concerned with their teeth, they brush after breakfast anyway, but I was concerned with choking.

ann m

Hi M.! I couldn't get my son to take that liquid stuff either, My son is now 21 months, he didn't like it either, it does smell and taste awful! son the morning, I started putting it in his juice with breakfast. He always drinks his morning juice, as I don't give it to him much the rest of the day. That way he gets it everyday with no trouble and he doesn't even know it!

My 2 year old's pediatrician advised us that as long as she eats a balanced diet - which she does - a multi-vitamin is not necessary. She also gets flouride from our water.

My daughter's ped. had her on a liquid vitamin with fluoride until she turned 3. At three she switched to Centrum for children. The fluoride is recommended if your water supply is lacking it. Ask your ped.

M.,
If he is eating well, he probably doesn't need a vitamin at all.

Is the liquid made by Schiff? We use Schiff liquid and if you mix it with straight apple juice he probably will not notice. I buy it online. We give it to him first thing in the morning so he is thirsty and finishes the whole cup. If he does not finish it...will keep presenting it to him and he does not get anything else until it is all gone. That way we know he consumed it all.

ann m

When the doctor put my kids on multivitamins he told me to buy the liquid and put it in their juice. I put it in their orange juice every morning and they don't even know its there. Hope this helps.

I had my doctor prescribe one as we are vegetarians so I wanted to make sure he got what he needed. He gave us one of those stinky liquid ones but mixed with juice or chocolate milk in the morning he doesn't even know its there. Also, you may want to try one from Whole Foods. They have a great selection and the staff there is VERY well informed.

Good Luck,

Green's superfood for Children. Great vitamins plus organic complexes good for development. Totally natural and allergen free.You can get them at a healthfood store.

1 / 3