Moving to Wichita?

My family may be relocating to the Wichita area from Dallas. We went for a visit last weekend and checked out the town and some of the different neighborhoods. I have a 11 month old child and of course I am wondering where the best place is to live so that he will have plenty of friends to play with and a great education. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on schools and areas to live in Wichita?

I would suggest suburb areas. But I know a great realtor who is tons of help! Her name is Vicki Benton ###-###-####. She will take evrythingyou want (good schools included) and find the best place for you! Let me know if you need any other help!!

Hi D.! I have lived in Wichita my whole life (34 years) and I would suggest the northwest side of town. Maize school district. I attented Maize schools, and it was a great school then, and even better now!!! My husband and I plan on moving that way so our son can attend Maize. There is a lot of things going up on that side of town. I would avoid, the south/southeast and North part of town. Welcome to Kansas!!!

Ive lived here for 20 years (most my life) and good places are way out in west wichita and surrounding areas also out north/northeast. I DO NOT suggest the south end or the southeast end of town for raising a child!!! I went to Buckner magnent elementary school. Great school but lots of minorities now. I went to Allison middle school and it was ok, not a lot of racial diversity. I went to heights high school and liked it well. It was a pretty good school with a lot of security (which every school seems to need these days) and even police. Some fights but I didnt hear of many "drug busts." Again a lot of diversity racially but it is still mainly white as of 2003. Hope this helps. I repeat NOT SOUTH OR SOUTHEAST side of town!!!! Lots of drug communities and minority families living in poverty.
--S.

I personally like the north west area of wichita by maize. Check out all the new development and housing area around Maize road and north of 21st. There is plenty to choose from. Also, even though this is whichita the area is in the Maize district and the Maize school district is great. This is where our family lives and my son goes to maize school and we love it. There is also lots of new restaurants, and places to go. Another option would be the north east area. There is new housing development too and there are very nice places and also things to do. The only thing is that I am not sure what is the school district were your kids would go to school. We have been leaving in Wichita over 5 years. We moved from Kansas city and before we decided in a house we used to drive every weekend to go house hunting. It took us a few months but we found what we wanted. Since the house was not finished we lived in a apartment for 3 months till they finished the house. So, if you guys have the opportunity to be here in wichita and look around before you decide on a house or a place to leave, maybe you can rest a apartment for a few months and have plenty to decide on what you really want and what area you really want to live in and not rush.
Hope this helps,

A.

1 / 3