Moving to Columbus Georgia

My family will soon be moving to the Columbus, GA area. We are looking for a nice family oriented area to live. Could someone let me know areas of town and suburbs to consider and/or to stay clear of....THANKS!

Hi K., I live in Columbus where you are moving to and I can tell you that you want to try and live near the north end of town. Stay away from the south end and also stay away from Victory Drive and South Lumpkin Road. Those are the worst parts of town. You would probably do good by living somewhere in the 31909 zip code. Moon Road, Weems Road, Airport Thruway, and north end of Veteran's Parkway would be good for you. Good luck!

I would definitely recommend the North Columbus area (stay away from South Columbus!). There are good schools and great shopping /eating areas on the north side of town. Lots of family oriented subdivisions in all price ranges. If you will be working with a realty agency, I would recommend our local Coldwell Banker (www.kpdk.com). Or try www.homesbyowner.com.

Welcome to Columbus,
This is a growing and thriving town.

Will you be renting or purchasing?

I have a friend that has a rental property (I am not sure if it is available but, I know some people were moving out) I could put you in touch with her.

If you are buying contact the KPDK group mentioned before they are great.

Kids?
Work?
Church?
If you have other questions email me privatley
Good luck with your move.

I just recently moved to Stonegate Dr. Tons of kids. We love it here. Good neighborhood watch. Try to stay clear of Victory Dr. and St. Mary's Rd. North Columbus is a good area as well. We just moved from there. If you have any other questions just let me know!!!

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

columbus family moving ranges suburbs