Movie Suggestions for 1-Year-old

What movies would you suggest for a 1-year-old that will keep his attention and includes a lot of colors, movement, music, etc (stimulation) while in the car.

Thanks to everyone for the movie suggestions. I would like to say I was not asking for anyone's opinion whether it is right or wrong to allow a 1-year-old to watch a video. I know how to stimulate my child and am not looking for an out. I play and work with my child all day, every day. I am looking for movie ideas b/c we travel out of town about once a month and as we all know who have had a toddler, several ideas are needed to occupy them during a long car ride! So yes, we do other things besides sticking him in front of a dvd player, but while this is just one piece of entertainment, I really appreciate the suggestions of which movies to try with him. You guys gave great movie ideas that I hadn't thought of. Thanks!

Leap Frog Letter Factory movie. Besides just music and colors he will learn his alphabet. My daughter learned to sound out the alphabet first from the movie then learned to say her ABC's before she was 2. Shes almost 3 and still loves the movie.

Can't go wrong with Baby Einstein. My daughter is 19 months and shows absolutely ZERO interest in Disney characters, Sesame Street, or anything else, but you put a baby Einstein CD on and she screams and runs into the living room!

The Little Einsteins Movies have been a blessing in my house. They have 4 characters: Leo, Annie, June and Quincy and they have musical adventures with Rocket. They are colorful and show various artworks from around the world. The music they play are from various classical composers.

Another 2 are The Wonder Pets and Backyardigans. Very cute.

"Cars" is great. Lots of color, movement and always something going on. My son LOVED this when he was younger. He is 2 and STILL watches it almost every day! :)

my kids liked the Baby Einstein series esp. Baby Mozart and Baby Noah. They also liked Elmo and Winnie the Pooh movies around that age.

My son is a little older, but he still dearly loves the baby einstien movies. The best part is, they are all set to classical music so it isn't even awful to listen to = )
I don't mind The Wiggles, they are kind of cute and have lots of bright colors. A family favorite of ours is Veggie Tales has a couple DVDs that are just sing a longs, and those are upbeat and fun for young and old alike ( I sing a long with them even!) Of course there are always Sesame Street dvds, again my son has a preference for the sing a long song ones...those can be harder to find. I think the sing a long songs don't get old or boring as quickly as the dvds for little ones that have a basic story line since at 1 they have such a short attention span anyway.
Lots of luck on your trip.

I ended up with almost the whole set of Baby Einstein dvds, and they are great for car rides. The music is wonderful and unannoying for the driver, heh. Heck, my boys are 5 and 7 now, and every once in a while, they want to put one in, so it's been quite a good investment.

Would a kids cd with all the fun nursery rhyme songs work? Not sure a one year old should be watching dvd's. I know it seems a lot do but I wouldn't want to get a one year old used to getting a video in the car. I agree with the post below about singing songs with your child or talking to them about the things they are seeing. In the end I think you will have more fun and better results!

1 / 3