Movie for a 5 Year Old

My 5 year old daughter and I both love dogs. I was thinking about taking her to either Marley and Me or Hotel for Dogs. Can anyone say if they're appropriate for a 5 year old? Thanks!

HI,
Me and my 4 yr old daughter saw both of them. Marley was a good movie but I had NO IDEA how sad it was going to be! My daughter still loved it and even wanted to see it again but I did have to explain death a little more than I wanted to at this time. Hotel For Dogs is a wonderful movie, it does have a little sadness too but overall a really great movie. Have fun!!

I would take a 5 year old to "Hotel For Dogs" but not "Marley and Me". It's a weeper and although some people say it's "so family friendly", I think older children may be ok, but not a 5 year old who is going to see the dog die in the end (and lots of adult themes -marital, pregnancy/miscarriage, etc.).

I have not seen either, but a friend of mine saw Marley & Me and I would not recommend it for a 5 year old. I understand it has a lot of inappropriate language. My sister-in-law took her 3 daughters to see Hotel for Dogs this weekend and said it was very good. I would recommend the later.

I saw Marley and Me and I loved the picture A terriffic movies but I do not know if your child is ready for the ending The dog had to be put to sleep do not get me wrong it was done in a very tastefull way but are you ready to explain death to your daughter at this tender age? In the other hand if you have pets at home it will be an opening for this happens to the pets at home

no you are stupid if you think you can buy your daughter becaus that is what you are doing give her a slap n send her to bed

Marley and Me is a downer, ends with the dog dying and the kids crying. Not a good movie for small children, if you ask me. I left the theater depressed! Haven't seen Hotel for Dogs, but if it's reviewed to be funny and is rated G, it should be great to see with your daughter.

Having seen both with my 11 and 6 year old boys, I would recommend Hotel for Dogs. It was alot better than we though it would be! Marley is an amazing movie as well; however, it was a real tear jerker. My 11 year old was sobbing in the theater...along with me and my husband. the 6 yr old knew it was sad--but didn't "get it". Go see Hotel for a feel good story and some laughs. Save Marley for when she's older.

i would take her to see hotel for dogs...it is really a kids movie, and there are alot of dogs in it, and children...marley and me is more about the life of the family than it is of the dog, and he does get old and die in the end...probably too much for a five year old to handle.

The heartwarming and unforgettable story of a family in the making and the wondrously neurotic dog who taught them what really matters in life.

John and Jenny were young and in love, with a perfect little house and not a care in the world. Then they brought home Marley, a wiggly yellow furball of a puppy—and their life would never be the same. Marley quickly grew into a barreling, ninety-seven-pound steamroller of a Labrador retriever who crashed through screen doors, flung drool on guests, stole women's undergarments, devoured couches and fine jewelry, and was expelled from obedience school. Yet Marley's heart was pure, and he remained a steadfast model of love and devotion for a growing family through pregnancy, birth, heartbreak, and joy, right to the inevitable goodbye.

there are scened about miscarriages and what the couple go through as a result of a lost pregnancy, and then at the end when marley is sick and being carried up and down stairs and eventual death they show the funny clips in the previews but I have heard a few horror stories from moms who didn't know what it was about brought their kids and the topics were much too adult for the children.

the movie is based on a memoir not a comedy though anyone who has dogs or kids knows sometimes they just do crazy things!

I would say hotel for dogs may be a good bet but I haven't really looked into it.

1 / 3