Mother's Day Gift Bags

We are having a mother's day picnic on Sunday and I would like to put a little goody bag together for all the moms (there will be about 10 of them there) with things that will make life a little easier. Any good ideas for things I can put in these bags that won't break the bank?

Thanks for all the great ideas. The gift bags were a big hit and all the mommies really loved all the goodies to make life a little easier!!

Small travel size wipes, hand sanitizer, tissues, lotions.
Packages of gum, small candles, small notepad and ink pen, small empty spray bottle (to be filled with water to squirt off baby's toy or pacifier when dropped), fingertip toothbrushes for baby, bubble bath for mom.

What a great idea. Try going to the dollar store. Bandaids, hand sanitiser, litte things like that would be fun and nice to get. And put a few little candies in there. Oh how about a pocket toy, something a mom can keep on her person for an emergency.

Have fun!
N.

Go to your local Dollar Tree and get a kitchen timer for each mom. You really can't have enough of these. The ones at our store have a magnet on the back so they stick to the fridge and they have a clip, too. I suggest browsing while you are there for other things for the bags as these stores have a good selection of items.

There is an item called "no throw" (www.nothrow.com) that you can get online or in stores and it is not expensive - I think about $5. It has been a lifesaver for me! You hook it onto a bottle/sippy cup or a toy and then onto a stroller or high chair. It is great. You could also go to Michael's (or any craft store) and get unfinished picture frames and decorate them. This could also be an activity at the picnic.

I like to put little treat bags together for special occasions. As an AVON rep, I buy trail size items of lotions, creams, nail polish, etc. There's an AVON store at Lynnhaven area and in Chesapeake, near the hospital. They have lots of items from $ .99 to a few dollars!

How about a little flower plant inside a pot with a "coupon" for an afternoon of free babysitting. I got 6" Geraniums at Ace Hardware yesterday for 79cents and I am sure you can find a flower pot at the dollar store. Every mom loves free babysitting! :)

Not sure if my last post went through, website crashed so I am posting again.

Hey Noelle,

I know you are probably getting a lot of people trying to sell you things but I have my own business at home called Treats From The Heart. I am at home with my 3 children and am always trying new ways to get my name out there. Anyway, something that every mom needs is a hand santizier to carry in their purse for every situation. I would be happy to sell them to you at wholesale price of $1.75 each. I can make them in several different fragrances. Let me know I would be happy to help you. I make soaps, lotions, cuticle oil, and so much more. Feel free to contact me ###-###-####, my name is Maria.

How about little kleenex packages, everybody could use one of those in the car or purse, or little hand sanitizers, small pads of paper for lists, or even dollar store items.

Hi Noelle,
I don't have any other suggestions that aren't already on here: hand lotion, sanitizer, kleenex (I'm always digging through my purse for kleenex!) etc. But I just wanted to say, I WANT ONE TOO! :)

Sounds like fun and I hope you have a great time!

I like most of the suggestions on here, wanted to mention something specific that I love (and people always want to know where I got it):

in Target, in the personal care section, sample size items, they have some great nail files. The first one I got was like an oversized matchbook, with about 10 mini nail files you snap out to use. The other is a 3.5 inch padded nail file in it's own hard plastic case. Each is only $1 and I love having them in my purse. (I also got an extra of the one in the case to keep in the kitchen 'pen' drawer.) Very inexpensive, and yet something we often need to keep on hand.

Other than putting in a vote for putting one of these in (if your local Target has them), I think you've gotten a lot of great suggestions on here. Have fun!

If you are crafty and can crochet, i have an idea. i crochet fun fur around hair ponies to dress them up. this might be a cute idea. travel size lotion to throw in a purse or diaper bag is always helpful too. maybe a pretty pen (dollar store has really pretty ones)

Chapstick, nail files, mini sanitizers and mini lotions. I love having these items in my van and purse for when I need them.

Hey Noelle!

I might be able to help you out with some different types of samples. And of course, I won't charge you for them. :-) Call me if you want and I can go over what I have. To name a few: Satin Hands (very popular), microdermabraision, cellu-shape formala, fragrance samplers....

###-###-####

You should try Michael's. When you walk in the door, they have $1 buys. I've gotten some great bargains for birthday treat bags as well as Christmas stockings. The typically have bath items and cute note pads.

Hi Noelle,

What a great idea! Here are some thoughts:

1) a Spa gift card for $5.00 or $10.00 (just a little starter card to encourage them to take time out to pamper themselves only if they can afford it).

2) Make T-Shirts for them that say various things like: Super Mom, #1 Mom, World's Greatest Mom, etc....) This can be inexpensive if you get the tees from Michaels or somewhere inexpensive.

3) Free Coupon from you for 1 day of Babysitting.

Since I don't know if these mommys are mommies to be or mommies of kids that are adult age, it kinda hard.

TA

Hi, Noelle, What a nice gesture! I would look in the "trial size" section.....hand sanitizer, pocket tissues, lip balm, maybe a pack of gum. Have fun & Happy Mothers' Day! N. B.

What about mini hand-sanitizers?

Hi Noelle,

Buy a bag of heshey kisses and give a few in each bag.

Hope this helps. D.

I know Target has some cute and sometimes useful things or pampering things in their little 1.00 section at the front of the store. Or look around dollar tree or any dollar store! You'd be surprised what you can find there. I got an apple corer/slicer there that still works after 2 years and 2 kids! Thats a handy one! Good luck and happy 1st Mother's Day! Enjoy your baby!

How about a package of seeds to grow flowers. Tasty treats would be good too! How about baking a pan of lemon bars, and putting one bar wrapped and nicely tied with a ribbon in each goody bag? Or you could buy a big box of chocolates, open them up, divy up a few for each bag, wrap them and tie with ribbon, and add that as well. Most ladies love chocolate! How about trial size lotions or body wash? They are nice for keeping in your purse, and would be nice to include. I got some small note pads that are round shaped and have pretty designs on them from Michaels not too long ago. I think they were really inexpensive and were located on an island near the cashier counters. I know target sometimes has stuff like that right when you first walk in. You could take a look and see what they have. You could also print out a poem or inspirational saying on fancy card stock paper and punch a couple holes in the top and thread in some ribbon and tie with a bow to make it look pretty. You could add a magnet to the back so it could be hung on the fridge. There has got to be a lot of poems about moms on the internet. Maybe you could find a box of herbal tea that can be divided up. I know some have bags that are individually packaged. Maybe you could figure out how to make those rocky candy stirs to go with the tea. You could find the recipe online. I use to know how to do it, but it has been too many years! They are pretty simple though. Hope this helped! Becc

Noelle,

I was thinking about the same things as everyone else.
travel tissues
hand sanitizer
hand lotion
lip balm

Thought of a few extras:
hand wipes, help with messes, too--target or wal-mart sells them near the register for about $1
Sally's Beauty supply used to sell nail files that clip to the key rings (I haven't been in recently)
Sally's also has foot files
clear acrylic keychains for pictures of the kids (Michaels)
burn a CD of favorite kids songs (really depends on the ages)

Have fun!!!

Have fun!
N.

Great idea! Small bottle of hand sanitizer, note pads, chapstick, mints

I agree, hit a dollar store.

Some ideas:

--Those medium-sized canvas sacks that stuff really small into their own little bag for storage.
--a good sample-sized hand lotion
--Flat rubbery things that helps open jars
--Tide To Go or Shout Wipes for clothes stains

The $5 gift certificate thing is a great idea, but I would do it to a manicure place. Most spa treatments are at LEAST $60 and up, so a $5 GC may not go very far and may sit unused at home. Manicures are cheaper and so $5 is a bigger percentage of the total cost.

So sweet of you!

What a great idea!
Some goodie bag suggestions:
1.little hand sanitzer (as a mom we are always touching gross stuff)
2.Hair ties(ponytale holders) for the mom and the kids good to have!
3.A little nail polish, to paint your nails is a little pick me up!
4.a small container of Tylonal would be cute!
5.a $5.00 starbucks card thats always a treat!!!
Hope these help... have fun and Happpy first Mother's Day! T.

Target dollar spot at the front of the store has great little lotions and baby wash for $1. They usually have gift bags there too.