Mother's Day Gift Bags

We are having a mother's day picnic on Sunday and I would like to put a little goody bag together for all the moms (there will be about 10 of them there) with things that will make life a little easier. Any good ideas for things I can put in these bags that won't break the bank?

Thanks for all the great ideas. The gift bags were a big hit and all the mommies really loved all the goodies to make life a little easier!!

Small travel size wipes, hand sanitizer, tissues, lotions.
Packages of gum, small candles, small notepad and ink pen, small empty spray bottle (to be filled with water to squirt off baby's toy or pacifier when dropped), fingertip toothbrushes for baby, bubble bath for mom.

What a great idea. Try going to the dollar store. Bandaids, hand sanitiser, litte things like that would be fun and nice to get. And put a few little candies in there. Oh how about a pocket toy, something a mom can keep on her person for an emergency.

Have fun!
N.

Go to your local Dollar Tree and get a kitchen timer for each mom. You really can't have enough of these. The ones at our store have a magnet on the back so they stick to the fridge and they have a clip, too. I suggest browsing while you are there for other things for the bags as these stores have a good selection of items.

There is an item called "no throw" (www.nothrow.com) that you can get online or in stores and it is not expensive - I think about $5. It has been a lifesaver for me! You hook it onto a bottle/sippy cup or a toy and then onto a stroller or high chair. It is great. You could also go to Michael's (or any craft store) and get unfinished picture frames and decorate them. This could also be an activity at the picnic.

I like to put little treat bags together for special occasions. As an AVON rep, I buy trail size items of lotions, creams, nail polish, etc. There's an AVON store at Lynnhaven area and in Chesapeake, near the hospital. They have lots of items from $ .99 to a few dollars!

How about a little flower plant inside a pot with a "coupon" for an afternoon of free babysitting. I got 6" Geraniums at Ace Hardware yesterday for 79cents and I am sure you can find a flower pot at the dollar store. Every mom loves free babysitting! :)

Not sure if my last post went through, website crashed so I am posting again.

Hey Noelle,

I know you are probably getting a lot of people trying to sell you things but I have my own business at home called Treats From The Heart. I am at home with my 3 children and am always trying new ways to get my name out there. Anyway, something that every mom needs is a hand santizier to carry in their purse for every situation. I would be happy to sell them to you at wholesale price of $1.75 each. I can make them in several different fragrances. Let me know I would be happy to help you. I make soaps, lotions, cuticle oil, and so much more. Feel free to contact me ###-###-####, my name is Maria.

How about little kleenex packages, everybody could use one of those in the car or purse, or little hand sanitizers, small pads of paper for lists, or even dollar store items.

Hi Noelle,
I don't have any other suggestions that aren't already on here: hand lotion, sanitizer, kleenex (I'm always digging through my purse for kleenex!) etc. But I just wanted to say, I WANT ONE TOO! :)

Sounds like fun and I hope you have a great time!

I like most of the suggestions on here, wanted to mention something specific that I love (and people always want to know where I got it):

in Target, in the personal care section, sample size items, they have some great nail files. The first one I got was like an oversized matchbook, with about 10 mini nail files you snap out to use. The other is a 3.5 inch padded nail file in it's own hard plastic case. Each is only $1 and I love having them in my purse. (I also got an extra of the one in the case to keep in the kitchen 'pen' drawer.) Very inexpensive, and yet something we often need to keep on hand.

Other than putting in a vote for putting one of these in (if your local Target has them), I think you've gotten a lot of great suggestions on here. Have fun!

1 / 3