Morning Sickness - Warwick,RI

hi, im wondering if anyone has come up with something that helps morning sickness. my daughter is expecting her third child and is sick all day long. she has tried the preggy pops and they are just ok at the time. b12 doesnt seem to help much either. any suggestions?

ginger candy, and wholefoods sells these "vitamins" called good mornings (i think) it saved me! I think i took 1 in a.m. and 1 at bed... its worth a shot! good luck!

Have her keep soda crackers by her bedside so when she wakes up in the morning the first thing she eats is plain soda crackers. That's what helped me with my morning sickness.

Try plain potatoe chips. There was a study done on nauseous pregnant woman done & it proved to help morning sickness. It helped me a little! Or try plain mashed potatoes those work well too.

Hi L., I put out an email to all the Mommies in my local mom's club in our town, and i have received many emails back. If you are interested, i would love to put them all together and send them off to you, so you can share them with your daughter. What a wonderful mother you are to do this for her. Okay, if you want the emails, respond to ____@____.com and I'll send them to you.

Gingerale worked great for me. I am sure there are tons of things that you can try. like decaf tea, eating small meals instead of large meals....etc

I hope that helps a bit
E.

i had very bad morning sickness with my daughter and tried the seabands, pops, freq. meals. also helped was 1/2 unisome and b6. ask your ob.

im pg again and once again have bad all day sickness, i was not even able to get out of bed to care for my daughter so my midwife prescribed me reglan. i thank god for it everyday. maybe you can ask your ob for some options. good luck.

Sea Bands!!! They're for motion sickness, but they work wonders for morning sickness. I kept them on 24 hours a day actually during the beginning of my pregnancy, I was so sick. You can get them at almost any drugstore. Also, ginger works very well, as do saltines. Another crucial thing is to not let your blood sugar get too low/go without eating. The less you eat, the more nauseaus you become. Seems counter-intuitive, but eating something, anything, helps!

I was very sick all day long with both pregnancies for the first 3-4months. Nothing really helped but time, waiting for the time go by for the 4th month to be over. They do say eating frequent small meals through the day should do the trick. With my 2nd child it was so bad, I did get medication for it. It was called Zofran, but it can make you VERY constipated so be careful, and some insurances only cover a few pills at a time. Have her talk to her doctor and see if there are any options for her.

Congrats and best of luck

hi L.,

my sympathies to your daughter! i concure with the other suggestions, but also make sure she talks to her doctor about it. i had mild morning sickness in the beginning of my pregnancy, but it came back at 16 weeks and continued all the way to the day i went into labor. as a result i have to have surgery on my throat to repair the damage from the acid. so, i'm not trying to be scary here, but its really important to control if it lasts past the "regular" morning sickness stages. I was put on two prescription medications, both of which helped keep things down so I could gain wait... they helped a lot. (and i had gone into my pregnancy insisting it would be drug free and 'natural')just make sure she talks to her doctor if it doesn't go away. i hope she feels better soon (especially with two others to take care of! oh my!)

Saltines and Ginger Ale

1 / 3