Moms in Bikinis!

Just wondering what everyone's general thought is on moms wearing bikinis? I'm going to pool party next weekend. Very family friend, everyone will have their kids there. This will be my first time in front of others in a bathing suit since I had my daughter 5 months ago. It's not a matter of being able to "pull off" the bikini, I'm just wondering if it's no longer appropriate. It's definitely not skimpy or anything like that. I don't know why I suddenly feel that it might be inappropriate sporting a bikini with a 5 month old on my hip?!?!
Am I being paranoid? Thoughts?

Thanks for all the support! I got to the party fully prepared to rock it and ended up not even going in the pool!! It had nothing to do with wearing the bikini, just didn't work out that any of my friends were in when I could go in (aka when my husband was available to watch the little one). I definitely will wear it again, I feel great in it so why shouldn't I!

To respond to one reply asking what my "intentions" were in wearing it. I don't dress to get attention from men. I dress in what makes me look good, what I like and what I'm comfortable in. I'm a huge believer that you can be sexy without letting it all hang out. Regardless of what kind of suit I wore, every man there would have looked and not because I'm some super model but because that's what men do! They look! They ALL do! So my "intention" was purely selfish and about me.

Anyway, thanks again for the supportive words I was completely blown away by the number of responses. I look forward to wearing my bikini soon!

Hey, if you got it, go for it, don't worry about what those jelous women, who let themselves go, just because they had children think! Now, I am not one of those women, I am back to my 110 pre-preg weight, but I can't wear a bikini, because of excess skin and stetch marks! Now, if I can someday get a tummy tuck and wear one, I most certinley will. However, there is different degrees of coverage, I would not wear a string bakini to a that type of party! Anyways, have fun and don't worry about what the other Moms think, they will only wish!

I think you should wear whatever you feel comfotable in, what makes you feel confident & happy & relaxed. If you feel this way in a bikini, then go for it. I don't think there should be age limits, that's ridiculuos!

Why wouldn't you? Sounds like you are in great shape. Go for it. I would just wear one that doesn't shift around a lot! Have fun!

BIKINI! If you've got it flaunt it, especially 5 months after having a baby! YOU GO GIRL!!!

Yes, you're being paranoid!

If you've got the figure, flaunt it!

Just make sure your top isn't one that can be pulled down by your daughter.

I don't think the question is one of age or being a mom or even if you look good enough in it. The question to ask is what is your motivation. I would wear a bikini for my husband's eyes only. He would love it. But to wear it publicly and possibly make my girl friends feel bad and turn men's heads and hormones on...to what end?

As I tell my fourteen year old youngest daughter with a perfect figure, "Turn hearts; not heads." She wears one-piece suits, but someday on her honeymoon in a private place where those responses can be acted upon as God intended--go for it!

Everybody in our family would be uncomfotable at a pool party filled with bikini clad people. We wouldn't go. People have told me I have a beautiful body, even now after 6 kids, including a set of twins, and at 57 years old! (I am a very active organic farmer in the suburbs who works very hard physically and eats extremely healthily.) But I have only worn a bikini on my honeymoon. Just because I have a good figure, does not mean I should wear bikinis in public. But you have made me think. But maybe it's time for a second honeymoon, eh?!

WEAR IT!! There is no rule that says once you become a mom you have to transform into a conservatively dressing prude. I see this happen a lot and it makes me sad. Celebrate your body. I wear bikinis and by no means have a perfect body but I feel comfortable in it. I am 36 years-old and have a 7 and 9 year-old. Wear it and make the other moms jealous...

If you look good, then go for it!!! Of course the other moms will hate you for being so skinny (LOL) but you deserve to where what looks good!

My girlfriend wears a bikini (a modest one) and she's had three kids (twins and a singleton). She looks great and has worked hard to get there. Go for it!

I wore one up until about two years ago (I'm almost 40). I'm just getting too old now, but I still wear a tankini.

Good luck! As long as it's tasteful and not a string bikini I don't think there is ANYTHING wrong with it!

1 / 3