Mom Seeking a Nice Middle Class Area to Live in Atlanta, GA

I am moving to Atlanta next March with my 2yr old son. We have never lived out side of dallas, fort worth. I would like to know if anyone can tell me of any nice middle class area (cities) to start looking for a place to stay. My son is very advanced so a great school is very important to me. Thanks

I lived in Sugar Hill, Ga for a while. It is north of Atlanta near Duluth. It is a nice area with lots of young families. Sugar Hill is a very small town, but is near the Mall of Georgia, plenty of grocery stores, Home Depot, etc. I don't know much about the school system there, so not much help in that area. Traffic getting into Atlanta is a nightmare no matter where you live in the area. Sugar Hill and Duluth are worth looking into if you just need a start.
GOOD LUCK!!
A.

My sister-in-law lives in Alpharetta. Seems really nice! Good luck!!!!

I have friends who live in Mapleton,GA - it's a suburb of Atlanta. It is a very nice area with parks and whatnot. However, they say that anywhere you live in GA it would be best to place your child in private school because GA has very low testing standards.

One of my good friends lived there and said this for you:

We lived in Marietta (West Cobb and they have great public schools, and some great neighborhoods at a decent price point. East Cobb (also in Marietta) is nice. Another great area (but taxes a little higher) is Alpharetta and surrounding areas. I am sure the real estate agent could make other recommendations, but I would definitely include those in my search.

1 / 3