Mom Seeking 30Th Birthday Gift for New Mom

I have a fried who is turning 30 this week. She also just had her first baby a month ago. She has everything she needs and wants...goes right out and gets it if she wants something. I can't think of anything for her birhtday....I want to try and avoid something totally baby/new mom-related if possible. Does anyone have a good suggestion? Maybe something special you got as a birthday present?

Thank you for ALL of your responses. I wanted to do the spa thing but her mom had done it and couldn't find anyone to go in on it together to compliment the package. Great ideas from you guys! Ended up getting her photo albums that I realized she needed; new baby = new pictures. Plus she is looking into starting a dog walking business so I found a book to help with that.
Thanks so much for all of your ideas!

I know this is a little late... but maybe for her NEXT birthday. i just love this!

http://little-windows.com/index.htm

How about an afternoon of babysitting for her child and a massage? I would love that myself! Good luck!

Most def! A day at the spa...that would be awesome and very relaxing. I think she would appreciate/enjoy it.

A.: The following gift was given to me and there isn't a time I read it and don't cry. I will keep this one close to my heart for life. Go to the office supply store and purchase however many "response" cards you want to send. Cream color ends up being the prettiest. Send them to all your girlfriends friend and have them write loving motherly advice and wish for her new baby. Have them all mail them back to you (cost is postage). Also ask them to send a photo of themselves and/or their child. Put them in a beautiful scrapbook with motivational words throughout. End it with a loving note from her husband. Also wrap a box of tissues she'll need them. Hope this works for you. M.

I agree with some of the responses you've already gotten: Get a sitter for her, take her out to lunch or dinner, go to a spa TOGETHER. I know that after being a stay-at-home Mom, I would love to get a massage or something, but I TRULY enjoy the uninterrupted company of my girlfriends! My favorite gift is always time with my friends - whether or not we're doing anything expensive or just sitting together and gabbing! She'll be truly appreciative of some adult time!

Dear A.,
I am a mom of three and grandmother of two by my daughter. I know when I have given her the gift of a manicure/pedicure she is ecstatic. She is always so involved with the children and work that she nevers gets the time to devote to herself. I know that a few hours at the spa for a massage, etc. (pampering)completely invigorates the mind and soul, especially for new moms. It seems that everyone benefits when "Mommy" is relaxed. Hope this helps!

How about a spa day...a massage is ALWAYS a nice treat...especially for a new mama who's getting little to no sleep...and this is totally NOT about baby...it's about Mama feeling nice and relaxed and refreshed...M.

Hello A.,

How about a pedicure? A manicure? I love giving this kind of presents to my friends because the gift it is not only for them to enjoy, but you give them the opportunity to do something for themselves.

My suggestion is a pretty journal and fancy pen to go with it. She can write all about the new addition or all about herself :)

I got a massage from a friend as a gift right after my son was born. She watched him while I add the appointment. It was the perfect gift!

A day of pampering would be great for your friend. Get a reliable babysitter such as the grandmother or a close relative that your friend trust because she should not be stressing about the baby while out for a day of relaxation. Take her to a day spa and treat her to full packet that includes a massage, facial, mani/pedi, and maybe get her hair styled. And a day of relaxation is not complete without lunch/dinner. Please remember as a new mom she will want to call home to see how baby is doing so allow her one phone call during her time out. Enjoy! RAC

1 / 3