Mom and Tot Classes

Hi everyone -

I have a very shy, sensitive 2 year old and I am interested in increasing his exposure to other children. I am looking for some Mom and Tot type classes, preferably on Saturdays (b/c I also have an 8 month old and no one to take her during the week) in the Lake Orion/Rochester area. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thank you!!!!!!!

The north oakland ymca has a great program. It is on thurs am but you can bring you baby to class or the Y has daycare too! Its called my first play group. I think lake orion community rec might have a similar class as the women who run it are from that program.

Gymboree is fun. We used to take classes in Rochester Hills on Livernois. You will find there is not a lot offered on weekends...

check with parks and rec in Lake Orion. They have Mommy & Me classes at Friendship Park. They meet during the week but I believe you can bring your 8 month old with you. Also, the YMCA in Auburn Hills has a Mommy & Me class on Thursday mornings. You can bring your 8 month old. You don't need to be a memeber to attend but you do pay a little higher fee if not a member.

My daughter is 18 months old and she has enjoyed swimming lessons (we have taken them at Great Lakes Athletic Club) and Kindermusik (at the Clarkston Conservatory of Music). I believe both classes are offered on Saturday mornings. The music classes have really allowed her to socialize with other children. The swimming classes are fun, too!

I teach Kindermusik classes at my home in Rochester Hills. Classes are smaller than most teachers are doing for Kindermusik (my son is also very shy and reserved so I wanted that for him too). My website is www.loziermusic.com I have some students driving from Lake Orion from classes as my pricing is lower as well than Clarkston Conservatory although Buffie Dumas teaches there and she was our teacher before I started teaching. She's wonderful too!

Have you thought about Kindermusik? They have classes for the infant and then one for your 2yr old right after. Try to look for them on-line. My daughter loves it. I know they have classes at the first baptist church of troy on john r and big beaver road during the week and I think they have babysitting while you are with each child in their class.

1 / 3