Mom & Teen Daughter's Day Out

My daughter will be having her 14th birthday in a few weeks and one of her gifts will be a Mom/Daughter Day Out. She has 5 other siblings so this will be a fun time for just the two of us. We get along well and have fun together so that's a plus. I'm looking for something in the DFW area, possibly staying overnight somewhere.

She's a girly girl, though mature for her age. She's not outdoorsy and doesn't like watching sports. She LOVES movies and wants a career in the film industry. Anyone have ideas in this area other than going to or renting a movie? Or is there an amazing theater somewhere? :-)

She also LOVES clothes, make-up, her cell phone and reading.

I've considered taking her to Glamour Shots or doing a mini spa.

Money is a consideration, but I could splurge a bit. (I certainly can't keep up with her "Disneyland Dad" who took her on a week long, multi-state tour of theme parks last year!)

She and I don't get out much alone (except to the mall) so any and all ideas welcome!

How about a bed and breakfast close to a mall? Plenty of mom and daughter time and a little shopping. In a nice atmosphere.

There are some really great photographers in Dallas, you should take her around downtown Dallas for a "PHOTO SHOOT". Get some friends to help with hair and makeup. the Magnolia Theatre is a great place for independent films, check them out, they always have great things going on. Then stay in a hotel near downtown?? If you need restaurant ideas or anything like that, I would love to help. Dallas is a great place. The American Film Festival will be coming to Dallas soon, also.

thanks

My daughter and I just had mani/pedi's at Seventeen Spa. I was very impressed with the service. They really took their time and did a great job. The pedicure area is so comfortable. I think it is the best pedicure experience I have ever had, and my daughter loved it to!

Call Shelly with Shelly's Skin Care.....she just did a pamper party for my daughter and they loved it! Shelly makes each of the girls feel so special and of course, the birthday girl gets treated like a princess. Her number is ###-###-####. Tell her S. sent ya...

She's very reasonable...tell her your situation. She was a single Mom at one time so totally understands. You'll be the Bomb...surpass Disney Dad!

The Studio Movie Grill would be a fun option. It's nice to be able to eat dinner while you watch a movie. They usually have current movies out as well so if there is something she wants to see it shouldn't be an issue.

My daughter is almost 13 and for her last party we did the magic time machine and stayed overnight in a 2 room sweet with 2 of her friends. We went to the hotel first and pampered ourselves and then got dressed up and went to dinner. I also stocked the fridge with goodies for the night and we made pancakes the next morning. It was really fun!!!

you should take her to the mall and then go shopping and see if they have a day spa or get you and ur daughter hair and nails done the same style then get something to eat then hit the movie theater

There is in Plano a childrens theatre that will costume, make up and script her and rehearse her and a few friends and let her perform all in 90 minutes or so they will do the cake thing after if you like
another great idea for this time is the mall food court w a few friends and then go to all the girly places they are into together like Claires the accesories store etc.

I have done that kind of thing each year since my oldest was about that age. Instead of spending on a hotel, I do normal stuff and just do it all. We get out early, do some shopping (usually for things she needs anyway), and then have lunch. Then we go get manicures and pedicures, which I think works better than spa stuff because we get to be together. We usually end up doing some more shopping, but once we went home and rested. Then we get gussied up for dinner, do that, and then see a late movie. Nothing on it's own is terribly expensive, and for her it's the impact of all the uninterrupted time. Like I said, we do it every year now. Oh, and Studio One at the mall has online coupons for free sessions, usually including the glamour session. I think their photography looks amazing for a mall chain.

1 / 3