Mom 2 Mom Sale How to Price Items

Hello Moms!

I am doing a mom2mom sale this weekend and have never done this before. 90% of my boys clothes are carters with some being gymboree/baby gap/nike (very few) I want the stuff gone but I dont want to settle for less but on the other hand I don't want to take advantage of others.. So what I want to know how much should I charge for onesies,pjams, bibs, outfits? all are in great-excellent condition..please help ASAP!! thanks!

it went better than I thought it was going to go. I priced items at what I thought would sell and I got a good deal.. thanks to all of those Mom's who gave advice on how to price without being taken...

I usually sell it for half of what I paid if it's a name brand and really good quality. If not, sell it for a third of what you paid and that should see most stuff gone!

I just went to a m2m sale and mostly everything was $1. Shoes were $2-5. Some had stuff new with tags and it was $3-$10 (some were 3 or 4 peice outfits). I got a Snugglie (carrier) for $5 and a lil ride on toy truck for $3.

I's say do the more expensive ones on a rack and charge a little more and then do a $1 table.. I buy more at the $1 table one just cause it's easy to figure out. Hope it goes well!

I'm actually doing a m2m this weekend. Here is how I do it. Everything that is "not" Gymboree, Gap, Tommy, Nike, etc... is $1 a piece. So if it's a 3 piece outfit it is $3. For some reason people don't have a problem spending a $1 a piece, but if you where to put $3 on it, they him and haw around and try to get it for $2.
Now at the last sale I did I put all of my Gymboree, Tommy etc... on my rack, I got a very expensive gymboree outfit stolen, another mom got a janie and jack outfit stolen and another few got stuff stolen the night of set-up. With the economy the way it is, people are just taking what they want. So be careful and watch your stuff. I no longer will be taking any of my expensive higher brand stuff to m2m sales, I'll eBay it.
But this is how I price!
J. in Macomb

I would think the point of a mom2mom sale is to get rid of things you no longer want or need...just like the point of a garage sale. Sell cheap!!!

I'm getting ready for a garage sale right now... and occassionally shop Mom2Mom2 sales. Carter's is not especially sought after so you want to price things to move.

Any PJs I'm selling for $1 (including the below listed brands). Most of my kids clothes are Gap, Gymboree, Janie& Jack, polo or Osh Kosh. Those brands I'm selling pants for 2-3$, sweaters for $3-4, shirts for $2-4. Anything that is those brands, I'm selling for .50 to 1$. If I have a whole outfit I'm selling between 5-8 (include socks/tights/hair accessories).

i'm a regular at mom2mom sales...and i will RARELY pay more than $1 for clothes. there is always someone willing to sell items for $1...so those are the folks i seek out. if you want your stuff "gone" then you will want to price as if you're the "wal-mart" vs. the gap store at the sale! IF you've got a NEW or very nice outfit/set then price higher...otherwise you really do want to keep it low.

1 / 3