Missed Period, 3 Neg. Preg Tests. Anyone Have Similar Experience with Result?

Hi everyone, this is pretty personal but I'm so distressed about it I figured I'd ask. My husband and I have been trying for a second child. The past 3 months I've been having a cycle of only 21 days which had me considering asking my OB if something was wrong or contacting a fertility specialist (I'll be 36 in Oct.). Well, this month the 21st day came and went with no sign of menses. Since other then when I had my son I have never had a late period and my breasts felt heavy and sore I took a pregnancy test on day 22. It was negative but I was only slightly surprised because I figured it might be too early to detect. Now it's day 27 and still nothing. Except for when I was on the pill and the past 3 months I've always had a 26 day cycle. I've had other symptoms such as intermittent nausea and cramping the past 3 days I've also had some extremely light spotting (not to be gross but in terms of 'only when I wipe' not even evident on the pantiliner). I've also felt more tired then usual which on day 20 I thought was just because my period was coming. I took a pregnancy test this morning and a different brand this evening at my husband's urging, both negative. When I had my son the test showed positive on day 27, one day after missed period. Has anyone had a similar experience and what was the resolution? I don't care if the answer is good or bad. At this point I would just be relieved to get my period as then I would have an answer. I'm kinda worried something else (bad) is going on. Also, I have already contacted my OB-GYN but they can't see me until Aug. 25 and gave me nothing in terms of answers. Thanks in advance for any responses

Thank you everyone for their responses! I actually seem to have gotten my period this morning. It's weird for me to get it so late but I guess maybe I'm changing cycle length or am 'irregular' now. But again thank you because I am now armed with many new suggestions of stuff to ask the doctor about. I think I'll be a bit more aggressive with our efforts and get the Ov pedictor kits and stuff. I'll also ask if my doc can look in to the low progesterone thing. I do want to thank CM from the bottom of my heart for sharing her story with me. This was sort of the scenario I was worried about. I feel for you and deeply admire your strength through your experiences. You deserve only the best luck now in everything you do. All the best to everyone!

Wait 2 weeks and take another test. Either you are pregnant or late - I know it's exciting. You are fine.

With my first the test showed a faint line like 5 days before i was due with my period. With my second I took a test 3 days before i was due, and it was negative, then i took one when i was a couple days late and it was negative. Then i took another one when i was a week late and i bought one that just says pregnant or not pregnant. I was tired of looking for lines, and it finally came back pregnant. I would say just wait another day or two and make sure your taking it first thing in the morning. Or you could just go into the doctor to get a foresure confirmation. Good Luck!!!

If your cycle is that short I would definitely mention it to the doctor. I had a lot of trouble getting pregnant the first time, and then after my period came back the cycles were very short. It turns out that I had low progesterone which was making it difficult for me to get pregnant and was shortening my cycle. Once I went on a supplement, I got pregnant with my second on the first try. (BTW, my first two tests were negative with him, I didn't get a positive test until day 29 or 30, but I just knew I was pregnant!)

I've been pregnant 7 times and found out at only 5 days post conception via bloodwork the first time and that was 25 years ago. It was a fluke that they even wanted to check me. I was trying to get on birth control and the doctor said I was already feeling swollen. I was ONLY with someone on that one day. So it wasn't a question of how far a long I was.

A few times I found out about 3 days before. The other times it was a day or two past when I was due. I always had very faint lines.

Just keep testing until you get a real period. :) Also, I found out the last time with the cheapest test on the market. Try those cheap dollar store tests :)

I had a similar problem andI solved it by switching pregnancy tests. I was using First Response (the line tests) and they all came up negative. I bought the digital ones (clear blue I think) and they said Pregnant on the first try. I would try switching tests.

My husband and I started TTC in November and in December I did not get my period. I thought for sure I was pregnant. I didn't want to get ahead of myself so I waited till I was 3 days late from my period and did a preg test. It came out neg. I waited another 2 days and took another and again neg with no period. I called my Dr. office and they brought me in to do a blood test and it too came back neg. I think I just jnxed my body into thinking one thing and never did get my period until my Jan cycle. I did become pregnant in Feb though and found out with my missed March cycle.

Good luck on your TTC!!

If your cycle is that short it could just still be too soon. If you knew when you ovulated that would be easier to say. Maybe try the dollar tree their tests are only a dollar and are actually very sensitive. Also if AF does show up you might try using ovulation tests so you can know if and when you are ovulating. I had really short cycles and got pregnant the first cycle while using those because we knew when to do the deed. Good Luck! Hope you are! And Aug 25 is not acceptable, they should at least be able to get you some blood work ordered.

Sudden weight gain can effect your cycle. Sickness can effect your cycle. Your body may also be trying to return to its normal cycle. Some pregnancys also have a lower hgh (pregnancy hormone) than others. My last pregnancy, I only had a very faint pregnancy line on the test even 2 months into it. I would give it a few more days. I know that it is on your mind 24/7 wondering if this is it, but if it is not and you allow yourself to think it is you will be severely disappointed. Try finding something to occupy your mind for a few days. Read a book or find a project of some sort to distract yourself. A week from now you should know the answer. Your symptoms could go either way. They are both symptoms of pregnancy and the start of your cycle. I think most women hoping to conceive have been in a similar situation at one time or another. You are probably not going to get a straight answer yes or no. Waiting is the only answer at this point. If you still haven't started by say 40 days and pregnancy test are still negative, I would see a doctor.

1 / 3