Missed Miscarriage

i was 14 wks preg and i just found out that i have a missed miscarriage. my dr wants me to wait through the weekend to see if my body will expell everything on it's own, otherwise i have to take the pills, or have a d&c. i'm so nervous and scared. can anyone share how you felt as you went through this?

My sister went through this several years ago. She did end up having to have the D & C. Everything went FINE!! She now has another son & no problems w/ pregnancy or delivery.

I have had 3 miscarriages. The first one they did nothing about because it was at about 8 weeks. The second one the doctor did a D&C in his office. An experience I would not recommend to anyone, I assure you. This one was at about 12 weeks. The third time I had spent 3 weeks on bedrest before I lost the baby. The last one was at 17 weeks. I went to the hospital and had the procedure done while I was there.
Maybe there were no pills to assist in the cleaning out of the tissue at that time. If there were none of my doctors recommended them.

I think, emotionally, it is hard enough to lose a baby without the doctor adding to the length of time we walk around scared and worried about the effects the loss is having on our bodies as well.

You don't need to be frightened. I know you are. I will pray for you S. and if I was close enough to hug you, shed a few tears with you, and let you talk through part of your fear I would do all of the above.

On the brighter side I had two healthy babies after wards with easy pregnancies.

I had a missed miscarriage at nine weeks, and my Doctor suggested pills since I had a little spotting already and she thought my body was "figuring things out".

I wanted to go the pill route because I didn't want to risk any scarring that can occur with a D&C (I wanted to have lots more pregnancies without increasing my risk of miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy).

I'll be honest with you, it was a very very hard experience. I took a pill at home with my husband at 6 pm and we went to the library to check out movies. I started having bad cramps but nothing else, and finally at midnight things really started moving. I was doubled over in pain, cold sweat, horribly nauseous (vomiting in the tub). My husband was there to comfort me and help all he could, but it really was a physically painful experience in addition to being emotionally painful. I bled some for about a week afterwards.

I don't tell you this to scare you, but just to make you aware that it can be hard to go through. I thought it would be "jus t like a heavy period" and that was not the case. In hindsight, though, I think the physical ordeal kind of helped me cope better with my emotions. It made my loss more real, rather than just waking up one morning without my baby. We had known about the pregnancy for 5 weeks so we were devastated when it ended early.

My thoughts are with you. You'll get through it ok! I got pregnant again after only one period, and my daughter is now gorgeous and 7 months old. So there is a light at the end of the tunnel. :)

It has been 4 years since my miscarriage, but I still remember it well. My body expelled everything on it's own. I hope you have the same result, because it is the least invasive option. Be prepared to stay near the bathroom when you start to expell, and have a supply of overnight strength maxis. You will most likely have cramps that may or may not be more intense than normal. Take pain relievers as necessary, but no more than the bottle states for the daily maximum.

I think that knowing it was coming made me less scared than if it would have happened without my expecting it. I was sad, and felt the loss very much. But I'm sure it would have been much worse, had I not known it was coming.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hi S.. I had a miscarriage 4 years ago. I thought everything was ok until I went to the Dr. I chose to do a D&C. That was the hardest thing I ever had to do. But 10 months later I had a beautiful little baby boy. I believe that God has a plan for our lives. Remember, He won't give you more than you can handle. Good Luck

S., I am sorry. I know it stings even if you hadn't known. I have lost 3 myself. 1 was a suprise to me. The others were planned. Being early in the pregnancy it shouldn't be more than a real bad period. Advil is a good friend. Hang in there. I will say a prayer for you. F.

I experienced a missed miscarriage last May when I went in for my 18 week appt. and there was no heartbeat. I was devastated and had the D&C the next day. The baby actually measured at 14 weeks, so I walked around with it dead inside me for a month. That was really traumatic for me to find out! Anyhow, now a little over a year later, I gave birth to healthy twin girls...and I have ALWAYS wanted twins!! So, God has a plan, it is just hard to see it at the time! (I wouldn't have picked this birth order though...the twins make #4&#5 for me! My older kids are 2, 4, & 6!! =)) I hope things work out for you and you are so blessed...hang in there, I know it is so scary at the time. Good luck!

I'm am so sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage in January at 11 weeks. I opted for a d&c and the procedure went well. I did have some bleeding after the surgery for about 2 weeks and passed blood clots, which is very rare. I found out these complications only occur in less than 1% of people. I was out of work for about a month. The good that came from having the D&C was that the hospital put me in touch with a support group and also had a mass ceremony, which gave my husband and I some closure. If you have any question feel free to ask.

I have not gone through this personally but my girlfriend did. She said it was not at all painful physically, the only pain is emotionally since you have already form a bond & attachment to the little one. I am so sorry to hear that. I will definitely keep you in prayers.

1 / 3