Mirror Is Full of Smudges After Cleaning with Windex...

The bathroom mirror is full of smudges after being cleaned with Windex or ammonia or 409 or Extreme Clean using a clean paper towel each time. Any suggestions?

The culprit was the paper towel. I tried everything again with a clean microfiber cloth and the mirror is clean.

Take waded up newspaper and rub like you are cleaning the mirror. It will take out all the smudges.

L. B.
www.GetOrganized.ws

It seems as though all the windex streak free does is streak. Add some alcohol to your windex and this will help your problem.

I used to clean houses and would run into this problem all the time. Sometimes I would use a microfiber cloth or other clean lint free cloth. I've heard of using newspaper...but I didn't want all that ink on my hands. Hope that helps!

My Mother always sworn by only using crumpled up news paper to clean windows and mirrors with whatever soution you choose. I have to say that it does work but I'm not sure why. I don't always use news paper but I do quite often. Good luck to you and Merry Christmas!

P.S. I also read somewhere that peroxide or rubbing alcohol is good for "no streak" windows as well.

L. B.
www.GetOrganized.ws

Instead of using a paper towel, use a newspaper. Works great no smudges!

Hello K., We have neighbors (2) who were ready to replace large bathroom mirrors becaue they were always streaked after cleaning. We loaned them our Shaklee Basic H spray bottle with the mixture for windows and mirrors and no more streaks.

My first time to respond so I am not sure what information to include.... C.

I would suggest using a newspaper to clean instead of a paper towel. I find that using a paper towel, there are lots of fuzzy leftovers on the mirror. I also use the generic window cleaner with newspaper and no streaks (or fuzzies).

1 / 3