Miracle Blanket Users - When Did You Stop Using It?

My daughter just turned 6 months old and still sleeps wrapped up tightly in her miracle blanket. Wondering when your kids wrestled free. (My oldest used Miracle blankets until about 5 months and always woke up with it sort of loosely wrapped in place until she finally broke free -- then we dropped it cold turkey. Shortly thereafter she started sleeping on her belly in a Halo.) Is there any reason for me to stop wrapping her up? I told her doc at her well baby visit that she still sleeps swaddled up tightly and he didn't bat an eye so I guess I'm just curious what your experiences are... Thanks!

I was able to use my miracle blanket on my daughter until she was about four months old i believe then she started doing the same thing your oldest did and we stopped using it after a few times of that happening. I think as long as it's working then continue using it. better than wrapping a regular blanket around her for now.

My pediatrician advised me to stop swaddling between 3-4 months. He said it is important, for their hip development. He also said, the movement they do in their crib (which can seem like restlessness, to us.), is actually quite crucial. He said it is very important, for their motor development. It enhances and helps develop their motor skills. That was just my pediatrician and know they can all vary on certain opinions.

I started at 3 months, weaning my son off the swaddle. We would take out one arm for a week, then two arms, then swaddle loosely around his hip, then nothing. It was an easy transition and his sleep was not affected by taking away the swaddle.

We stopped swaddling my son when he was about 6 months old, because he kept rolling over and sleeping on his stomach while swaddled. For about a month, we used sleep sacs which kind of feel like being swaddled, but the arms are free. That helped him with the transition to just pajamas.

We stopped when the kids learned to roll onto their tummy while swaddled. Which for one was 5 months and for the other was 6 months.

Mine just got way to big for the miracle. We did the one arm out for like a month to get her use to it and then switched to a sleep sack. She never wrested out of anything be she made the transition seamlessly. We did it at 4 months just cause she was so long, and I had read to stop the miracle around 16 weeks somewhere.... One of my friends switched to a light swaddle blanket that the baby could easily get out of but still wrapped her up for falling asleep.

I swaddled my son for way too long. I think we still swaddled him at like 9 months. It was a horrible transition for us. Finally we found that putting him down on his tummy helped. We was certainly old enough to roll over at that point, but he'd been used to sleeping on his back. I read another post that said it delays motor development. I have never heard that before but looking back this may have been true for my son. he didn't walk until 18 months. Late to crawl as well. He sat up on time but just wasn't very mobile. He's 2.5 now and finally catching up to his peers. Now I wonder if it was related to swaddling. Could be. I'd still do it all over again because he was an excellent sleeper when swaddled. But I'd stop sooner - probably around 6 months when I could put him to sleep on his stomach without worrying about SIDS.

We used the miracle blanket until he was about 7 months off and on. The only reason we really stopped was because he could successfully get out of it on his own. When he'd have a week of not sleeping well, we'd go back to it, and he would sleep better. I would say whatever is working, keep doing it! Once she can wiggle herself free, it probably isn't doing much for her...

1 / 3