~MIL Turning 70** Gift Ideas PLEASE!!

My MIL is turning 70 this weekend and my SIL is throwing her a surprise birthday party. Any great gift ideas to give her from my little family?? I thought it should be a little moore special than normal, but I would like to stay under $60.00. Times are tight!!

I have worked with a lot of elderly people. Not to be calling your MIL old or anything...she's not really old. Let me rephrase that, I've worked with a lot of people her age and I have noticed a pattern that most of them like tea cups. Ebay sells some really pretty ones that have the birth month written inside and they are so cute. Just an idea!

So this weekend may be too soon for this, but I recently made a DVD slideshow on Shutterfly.com for $19.99 and played it at my son's 1st bday party....it was SUCH A HIT! I had even MY aunt and uncle's commenting on how precious it was! Maybe you could do something similar with pics from all of her family, and if you can't do it in time for her birthday, maybe Christmas?

Depends on your MIL, is she active? Does she have hobbies. My MIL is way more active and has a much richer social life than me. For her we usually do gift cards to her favorite resturant or to her favorite salon. She has loved the Salon gifts since she does frequent them.

honestly, at the age she probably has a more than enough "stuff". I do buy MIL nice sweaters from brands and designer she likes, but in her case she lives in area tht only offers JC Pennys and she will often send everyone a list of things she is looking for. Don't Hesitate asking her what she might like.

Oh and if she is a reader, gifts certificates to the book stores would be great.

My MIL just turned 70 this year too. We bought her a nice chenille throw (from Tuesday Morning), comfy slippers (also from Tuesday Morning) and also a subscription to Texas Monthly (I bought a copy and put a note in that she also was getting a subscription). She loved it because she seems to always be cold and she was able to sit down on the sofa and read her magazine- in short bursts due to the length of the articles- and still spend time with her ailing husband. Good luck.

1 / 3