Microdermabrasion During Pregnancy - Skin Care During Pregnancy

Is microdermabrasion safe during pregnancy? I was just about to start my skin care routine at my doc's office when I found out I am preggers! I am really wanting to do something about my crows feet and give my skin an overall better look and correct some scarring. I will wait on most till I am done with my pregnancy, but I want to do something now. What is safe? I need something more aggressive than store bought OTC items.

Thanks moms!

I am an esthetician, and we usually don't do microderm on pregnant women because it's very harsh. When you're pregnant, you tend to have more sensitive skin because of the extra blood flow. Same goes with waxing.

My suggestion would get a glycolic peel of some sort... glycolics are safe during pregnancy because they stay on the surface of the skin... they don't go through the blood. However, you don't want to get a salicylic acid, because it does go through the blood. I have done lots of glycolics on guests and they love it because it actually exfoliates just as well. You can probably buy one or you can get it done at a spa. I LOVE doing glycolics because it makes my skin so soft. It chemically exfoliates by forcing skin cells to slough off. Leave it on for about 3-5 minutes and do it about once a week and eventually work up to twice a week.

You'll love it.

The upside is microderm is safe during pregnancy. I had it done a couple of times during my last pregnancy at a medical/dermatological office. The downside is that it is not a very aggressive way to take care of crows feet or scarring. There are much better ways to treat those (lasers, aggressive peels), but they really need to wait until after pregnancy. I think of microderm as routine maintenance.

Right now not much is safe if anything contains Salyic Acid that is a no no I found this out 6 yrs ago while reading a Parenting magazine it can cause abnormal defects of the baby known as birth defects.It won't hurt to go to a professional as long as you tell them you are pregnant

I represent Mary Kay cosmetics and our Microdermabrasion Set is awesome! It's safe to use 2-3 times per week. In a consumer study, 85% of women saw an improvement in skin texture after just one week.

I'd also recommend our newer Even Complexion Mask to help even out the skin tone and brighten the skin.

Let me know if I can help you in any other way! Good luck with your pregnancy!!

M. H

1 / 3