Menopausal and Pregnant at 48? - Murfreesboro,TN

is it possible with at home test being neg. yet all the signs r there...been there 5 times

If you officially haven't gone through the change (no period for a year), yes you can be pregnant. Ovulation always occurs before a period, so technically if you've had several months of no period, had relations, then ovulated during that time, you could get pregnant. If this makes sense...Lol.

At your age I was taking home tests all the time and I was actually in the middle of the big M. Do you have any of the following symptoms? Lack of sex drive, sleeplessness, night sweats, vaginal dryness, migraine headaches, sudden unexplained weight gain, moodiness, tired all the time, thinning hair, yeast infections, irregular cycle and the list goes on and on. If you have 3 or more of these you are probably going through it. My Doctor didn't even know I was right in the middle of it and I didn't either untill my migraines were constant and I had a headache every single day for over 3 years I started using Arbonne's all natural balancing cream which stopped my migraines and made my cycle regular then my cycles stopped all together and it was over before I know it had started. PM me and I will tell you more about my symptoms. Good Luck.

Many women have "change of life babies". There are several in my family. My great-grandmother found out she was pregnant when my grandmother was pregnant with her third! Mom and daughter pregnant together......always thought that was kind of neat....but my family said it was a complete shock as Grandmom thought she could no longer have kids....Surprise!
Home tests can be very accurate, but there are many women who do not get accurate responses for one reason or another.....and some women do not produce enough HCG for the tests to register until a few weeks after a missed period or onset of symptoms.
The best way for you to get a solid answer and the attention you need is to go to the doctor and ask for a blood test. Those results will help you figure out if you are pregnant or just experiencing some wacky symptoms with your menopause.
Good luck to you!

Lots of women get pregnant after they start having "M" symptoms. Their eggs still come through but they may or may not have periods.

Go have the doc check you. It can't possibly hurt to have a check up.

If it is M then there are lots of medications, similar to BC that help ease the way and make thesymptoms nearly go away.

You could be pregnant, but you could be menopausal. Both throw our hormones off balance. Home tests are quite accurate. If the signs continue, I would talk with a doctor specializing in menopause. I was told by my clinic that a specialist is best, since there is so much new information about menopause to know.

1 / 3