Menapause???? - Bradenton,FL

Hi Mamma's. I have a question about Menapause. I will turn 40 (UGH!) in 2 months. I had always had very light short (3-4 day)periods with little to no cramping. After the birth of my second child, I got my tubes tied and suddenly my period became extremely heavy with amost disabling cramping lasting at least 6-7 days! Every month felt like I was having a miscarriage (which I've had so I know what it feels like). The doctor said that it was normal that it would change. It has also always been regular, same time every month, like clockwork!! Well last month it was about a week early. No biggie. But it lastest longer (a full 8 days). Now it's only been barely 2 weeks since the last one ended and I've started again!!! I'm also noticing little things like I'm hot when no one else is or I'm cold when no one else is and I'm having issues sleeping (which I have never had!). Could this be the start of Menapause???? I wish I could talk to my mother about this but we don't speak so I'm really hoping I can get some good advise from here! Thank you all in advance for taking the time to read this!

I recommend you get a second opinion. You might consider seeing a holistic practioner like the M.D.s at Wellness Works in Brandon. I was having similar perimenopausal symptons (among other symptoms) and a simple change in diet and some minor hormone therapy improved my life tremendously and reduced or eliminated the symptoms altogether. I no longer have night sweats and I'm not longer so sensitive to hot and cold. For more information about hormone replacement therapy, I recommend Suzanne Sommers' books (forget any notion you have about her, the books have a lot of valuable information). In any case, you shouldn't let it wait. Those symptoms can be signs of something else.

Hi there fellow Fabulous 40's sister! Yes, it sounds like you're in perimenopause. Your body starts to do all sorts of funky things - hot flashes, sleep interruptions, heart palpitations, etc. Go to your OB GYN and tell him/her about your symptoms. There's a great over the counter natural supplement that has REALLY helped me with the hotflashes, low energy level and mood swings - its' called Estroven Energy and it's great. Hope it helps. Enjoy your 40's - you'll find you feel more confident, more secure in who you are, more comfortable in your skin and that you've earned the right to be where you are in life :)

Here's a link for some information on Menopause:
http://pause.acog.org/
http://mayoclinic.com/health/search/search
http://www.webmd.com/search/search_results/default.aspx?q...

However, I'd really recommend having an appointment with your OB/GYN. 40 is young for menopause, but it does happen in some people. However, your symptoms may be more indicative of something else that may not be related to menstruation and may need medical attention. Therefore, my recommendation is to at least call and ask if you should be seen.

Shaklee has some natural supplements that helped me. If you want to know more, let me know.
V.

This might be monopause however,... menopause can not be avoided, but it can be postponed with good nutrition. A good absorbable multivitamin/mineral complex along with a good diet of fruits, vegetables, and grains will keep it at bay for a while. That while can be anywhere from 10-15 years. Having your tubes tied just confused your body and you can get it back on track with nutrition.

Better get checked by your OBGyn. It could also have something to do with your thyroid. This gland regulates your system's hormones, so if it's not working properly, something else is also affected. Don't think it's menopause. You're waaay too young.
Don't dispair about your 40's. It really is a wonderful age to be. Think about it.

Here is a list op 35 symptoms of menopause.....check it out and discuss with your doc:

http://www.project-aware.org/Experience/symptoms.shtml

Could be peri-menopause, thyroid issue or PCOS. Definitely see a doctor to determine what is going onn. They should do bloodwork: TSH test (thyroid) and FSH test(follicle stimulating hormone). I was diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure (POF) at age 37. This is basically what they call menopause before the age of 40. I had horrible hot flashes at that age and started to have irregular cycles. I still have cycles at age 42 now, but they are irregular (can go three months without one and then get three in a row every two to three weeks). Hot flashes still come and go. I also have hypothyroidism and am on medication for that.
Once you get it figured out, you can find out what remedies work best for you. Not everything works for every body.

Call Dr. Marianne Beck (North Broward) . She'll check your hormonal levels and get you on track.

1 / 3