Melaleuca Oil...what Is the Difference? Aromatherapy?

Melaleuca (Alternifolia) Essential Oil

Melaleuca Quinquenervia Essential Oil
l
Melaleuca (Ericifolia) Essential Oil

I wanedt to buy some Mealeuca oil and put it in my diffuser. But then, I came across three different kinds. What are the differences? What is the best to eradicate staph and strep?
Does anyone work in aromatherapy? How effective is it? Is there a good book.manual where I can look up what oils are best for what problems? We deal with a lot of strep and staph in our house.

I work with essential oils all the time and I am not familar with these oils.

But as far as killing germs you can boil rosemary in water -- let cool -- strain and put in a trigger spray bottle and use that to wipe down surfaces. Disinfects as well as any commercial cleaner.

I get Melaleuca Oil (Alternifolia) from the company, Melaleuca. Here is what they said:

The Six Properties of Melaleuca Oil

Naturally Antiseptic
Melaleuca Oil’s antibacterial properties help prevent topical infection at the first sign of trouble.
Gently Soothes
Thanks to terpinene-4-ol, the "aah" sensation of Melaleuca Oil stops the scratching, which helps skin heal faster.
Safely Penetrates
Melaleuca Oil moves quickly to the source of the problem.
Beneficially Non-caustic
Skin doesn’t feel raw after using our two grades of Melaleuca Oil.
Effectively Solvent
Melaleuca Oil’s natural solvency helps dissolve dirt and stains.
Pleasantly Aromatic
The fragrance of Melaleuca Oil will comfort you with its pleasing
aroma (sometimes described
as a combination of eucalyptus
and nutmeg).

I use essential oils on a daily basis. I have largely moved away from tea tree oil, but it does serve it's purpose when used in a proper manner.
I wouldn't diffuse tea tree oil, but have you heard of Thieves oil? It's a blend of different essential oils and it works so very well in a diffuser.
My mom is a part of the Young Living company (she doesn't sell it, just uses her membership to get a discount) and I get my oils from her, but there are other companies that sell a similar blend OR you can buy the oils separately from the company of your choice. Here is a link to the Young Living oil and their ingredient list. http://www.youngliving.com/thieves-essential-oil/Thieves-Oil

Best of luck to you! Young Living also makes a Thieves cleaner. Great stuff! It's expensive, but I do splurge on it once in awhile. :)

I used to order from Melaleuca. If it is the Company, you can call them and ask...

I was very sick last yr. I got a chiropractic adjustment...and it worked !

1 / 3