Medically Themed Birthday Party!!

Hi All!!!

I was needing your ideas about having a medically themed birthday party for my dd who will be 2 next month! Any ideas? I have a few ideas but feel that they need to jazz up a bit. I was thinking pin the nurse, have little cups filled with candy to resemble med cups. What are your thoughts? Is she too young for this type of party? Any feedback or advice is welcome!

TIA

A.

I would do a regular type party, but if you want to get her something medically oriented, why not buy here for dress up scrubs as a gift. I have seen them for 2 year olds and are soooo cute!

Sorry A., but I think a medical themed party isn't really for a 2 year old. What does your daughter like? Teddy bears, baby dolls, butterflies? I would do more of a theme based on what she likes or likes to watch on tv. There are soooo many party-idea sites online with all the decorations, party favors and anything else you would need for a birthday party. Two of my faves are shindigz.com and birthdayexpress.com. Well good luck and please let us know how the party turned out :).

This sounds like it would be a fun idea for a cocktail party. Maybe you should do this for your birthday or graduation party.

But you're dd is only going to be 2, she's not going to remember any of this and may feel overwhelmed if you go over board. I have to agree regarding the candy medicine thing too. Not a good idea (for kids) on many levels. Save yourself the money and the aggravation and keep it simple. If there's cake and ice cream, they're going to have a blast.

In my opinion she is too young for this type of party. She would have no clue the meaning behind it and it would be more a party for YOU than her.

I say stick to a Kid Friendly Theme: Princess, Pooh, Barbie, etc.

We just had a Disney Princess Party for my DD two weeks ago at Gymboree Play and Music and it was a HIT!!! We did dress up and pretend tea party and all the kids loved it. In fact we are taking her to Disney World/Sea World/Universal Studios in three months so it is a great introduction to all the Princess and make believe to come.

As a Mom who whet to school to be a Medical lab tech and my husband went to med school and is a Chemist I understand where your coming from. We would love our daughter to be in the medical field - a Doctor would be great! We introduce her to the science and explain things in a medical way. But i think this is pushing it a bit.

definetely to young to understand stick to animals things she likes, most likely she wont even remember this one when she is older but the parties usually are themed on your childs favorite character or animals. god bless

I would not do the candy to look like meds. Then you might have a child go home and think medicine is candy and get into the med cabinet.

I have to agree on some of the points. The candy med cups are all around a bad idea. If you really want to have the medical themed party stick to other types of candy...like gummy band aids(gumi-aid)...they are a little hard to find.
Change up the pin the nurse thing to something like sign the cast.
She probably is a little young for this, but any party at this age is more for the big people than the kids.
Just really think through any ideas you have because we are talking about medicine and stuff that could be dangerous.

I admire you for going back to school to make a better life for you and your daughter but this party idea sounds like YOUR party not a 2 yr old bday party.

Also, I agree with Ann on the "candy". Kids this age don't know or understand the difference in a pretty pill or sweet piece of candy.

I'd stick with something she likes, animals, princesses, etc. Oriental trading has some great ideas.

I think your heart is in the right place, she is just too young to be thinking of medical careers, etc. She needs to enjoy being a little girl.

Best wishes...

1 / 3