Medela Pump - La Grange,IL

I have a Medela Double pump and I am on my second kid. I think my pump is starting to dye. Hey it was used for 16 months the first time and so far 5 months.. not bad.. (pumping min of 5 times a day)

How long did yours last for? If I have to get a new one, I would rather do it now then when only have a few months left..

The motor sounds strained, and it is taking me longer and longer to pump..

I used it for about 6 months for my son. For my second kid I used it for about 2 months and it worked fine.

I used mine for a year but haven't fired it up recently. Five times a day? It's done a lot of work for you. I'd check out all the parts and make sure something's not off (like the bit that covers the front) and then see about getting a new motor only from a lactation center if it's really dying.

My Medela has lasted many, many years and through now 6 kids. I have 2 kids, my friend borrowed for 3 kids and now my SIL using for her baby. Maybe a part or tubing needing to be replaced.

WHAT isn't working? I ask because all Medella pumps have a thin white 'membrane'... if lack of suction is the problem, you just need to replace the membranes, they are SUPER cheap!!

ETA: Like I said in my PM, mine sounded like it was 'trying too hard' and wasn't working efficiently... this is exactly what you need:

http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/pump-access...

Mine lasted through 14 months each with my own 2 kids (that were six years apart, so the thing sat idle for QUITE a while before my second) and now 9 months into my sister's first kid with another one on the way.

Call Medela and see if they have any insight (or a place to get it "tuned up"). These pumps usually last a really long time. Mine did lose suction at one point, but it was because of a poor seal on one of the white membranes. Stopped using that one and didn't have a problem after that!

Call Medela Customer Service. I have found them to be very helpful when I was using their Symphony double pump and their nursing bottles.
Medela Customer Service team can be emailed at Medela Customer Service. Should you prefer contact via phone, Medela Customer Service is available Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 7:00 pm CST and Saturday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm at 1-800-435-8316.

I'd say try replacing the membranes first, but it's very likely your motor is burning out. From what I've heard, those pumps do start running low on suction after a while. I've also heard that Medela's customer service is really good, so you could always try calling them.

6 months and then 2 months and never had a problem. I guess I would sugest like the others to check the parts. I am trying to sell mine if you find you need a new one but don't want to pay new. You would still obviously have to buy the new tubing and parts.

1 / 3